Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jkamz13

Why do I have to sign in to my cable provider every time I use the CNBC app?

Yes!!! Same issues here, keeps asking for sign in and then only plays for 7 or so minutes and when I go back to it, it's just replays!!! I've Uninstaller and reinstalled and same issues!!! And also can't watch regular CNN either!! Super frustrating!!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
keithx13
Streaming Star

Re: Why do I have to sign in to my cable provider every time I use the CNBC app?

I wish you luck finding an answer.  I finally gave up and bought an ONN streaming device from Walmart which plays CNBC just fine.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why do I have to sign in to my cable provider every time I use the CNBC app?

Hi @Jkamz13 @keithx13,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Please be aware that some channels may require you to re-authentify the channel to ensure that you are an authorized user of that channel.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
keithx13
Streaming Star

Chel, who do we contact at CNBC?  And why is every answer from Roku basically “Roku is not responsible for any problems with our devices”.  This is why I replaced one of my three Rokus with an ONN.  I am in my sixties and Roku is the worst company that I have ever dealt with.

0 Kudos