Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keithx13
Streaming Star

Why do I have to sign in to my cable provider every time I use the CNBC app?

Jump to solution

This is a recurring issue with the CNBC app, and only the CNBC app.  I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled the CNBC app yet, but am just curious if this happens to other people.  When I start the app, it correctly shows my cable provider in the upper right, but limits my viewing to 10 minutes unless I re-sign in every time.  Frustrating!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Why do I have to sign in to my cable provider every time I use the CNBC app?

Jump to solution

Hi @keithx13 

Thanks for the post.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

If this issue isn't resolved after re-installing the channel, then you'll want to reach out directly to the channel partner for help. Authentication is done on the channel partner's side.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Why do I have to sign in to my cable provider every time I use the CNBC app?

Jump to solution

Hi @keithx13 

Thanks for the post.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

If this issue isn't resolved after re-installing the channel, then you'll want to reach out directly to the channel partner for help. Authentication is done on the channel partner's side.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
keithx13
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

After uninstalling the CNBC app, rebooting the Roku, and reinstalling the CNBC app, I still have to sign in every time I use the app.  None, and I repeat, none of the other apps require daily sign ins, and even the CNBC app will work properly for weeks at a time and then something changes and I am back to re-signing in every time.  It cannot be the cable provider since all of the other apps that use the cable provider to sign in work fine and require sign in monthly or less.  Plus, the cable provider is clearly shown on the upper right hand corner of the screen while using the CNBC app, but it still limits viewing to 10 minutes unless I sign in again.  Seems like Roku could send this feedback to CNBC and the Roku software team for resolution.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@keithx13

Thanks for following up. 

We appreciate you reaching out to let us know, and we'll be sure to share your feedback with the channel developer to let them know about the issue you're running into. We'd recommend continuing to follow up with them about their channel on the Roku platform for further news and status updates.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos