Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whitney83
Binge Watcher

Why can't I manage my subscriptions?

I've always been able to manage my subscriptions on my roku device. What's going on? Why has this now changed??? I would click the * button on each app I'm subscribed to and could manage my subscription and I got my subscriptions through my roku. Please explain why this is now changed and seemingly hidden.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why can't I manage my subscriptions?

@Whitney83-

I don't have any subscriptions through Roku to check.  (I MUCH prefer to subscribe to each directly.)  I have had them through Roki in the past and do know what it USED to be like.

Now when you highlight the channel tile in the channel grid and press the * key, are you not presented with the "Manage subscriptions" option?  If you do see this, what options then follow?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Whitney83
Binge Watcher

No, manage subscription is no longer presented. What I see when I hit the * on any app is follows:

My rating

Move channel 

Restart channel

Remove channel

Check for updates

Give us feedback 

Close

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Whitney83-

(Edit: that's no different than what I remember.)

That means your pre-paid subscription has been canceled and will no longer automatically renew at the end of your prepaid period.  You now can remove the channel app to allow you to re-intall it if you wish to continue with it.

While installed (or re-installed) you will continue to have access until the end of your current pre-paid period.  You can always resubscribe to extend your subscription. 

I believe you can resubscribe through Roku and it would merely re-enable the auto-renewal when your currrent pre-paid period ends without establishing a second concurrent subscription, although I'm not 100% sure of that.  Personally, I'd wait for it to expire than resubscribe either through Roku, or directly with the channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos