Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PNW_erahorse
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't login to AMC Plus on Roku

Jump to solution

No, @renojim, I subscribed through the Roku site. If I go to the Roku channel and try AMC+, it tells me to use the app.

I believe this is a glitch on Roku’s end. I was watching the AMC+ channel, through their app, just fine until I set up my new 4K Roku stick. All other channels/apps working fine. It’s just this one, which won’t accept my Roku login, even though it invites me to use my Roku login.

Perhaps there will be a software update soon with bug fixes….?

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @PNW_erahorse, we see that you're having issues logging into your AMC+ account. We understand the hassle that this can bring. Let's look into this.

Since your subscription is not under The Roku Channel, it will be through the stand-alone AMC+ channel. Another thing you can try is removing the channel, restarting your device, and adding the channel again. If your login information still doesn't work, you can try logging in or resetting your password here: https://www.amcplus.com/login?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amcplus.com%2Fforyou

Please let us know how it goes!

0 Kudos
PNW_erahorse
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you. I have cancelled AMC+ subscription and will remove app, reinstall.

0 Kudos
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

No problem!

Please keep us updated on how it goes, @PNW_erahorse.

0 Kudos
gcarterm

Jump to solution

This is just general info. I subscribed to AMC+, the standalone. Same problem as everyone else in this conversation -- couldn't sign in. After some digging I WAS able to cancel

0 Kudos
PNW_erahorse
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well, I cancelled AMC+ (subscribed through Roku site), removed the channel, shut down my TV/new Roku stick, restarted, reinstalled AMC+, and still can’t log in. I confirmed that my Roku login is correct (hey, I’m here, right?).

The precipitating event was our buying the latest Roku stick. Since we also get error messages and have to replug HDMI, I’m thinking it’s a firmware or software issue with the new stick.

Roku people, any chance of an update…?

If it’s an incompatibility with our Samsung TV (not the latest, not 4k…), we should probably just use our old stick.

0 Kudos
PNW_erahorse
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

SUCCESS!!!

The issue turned out to be differing passwords… Apparently I had logged into AMC+ at some point, while having a different password for Roku.

Solution:  I changed my AMC+ password to my Roku password, deleted and reinstalled AMC+ in Roku on our TV (through the latest 4k Roku stick). This time, when AMC+ asked for my Roku credentials, they worked.

Who would know that, having signed up for AMC+ through Roku itself (not the channel, the website/stick), there would be a potential conflict? The only reason I can guess would be that AMC+ copied my sign in credentials from Roku originally—I don’t think I ever went to the AMC+ website itself, previous to the problem—and when I changed my Roku password, AMC+ still had my old one.

Anyway, it’s all better and resolved for me.

0 Kudos