Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janet_abm

Why am i unable to install apps?

I have a Roku express router, and i am unable to install apps like prime videos for instance. Also, while looking through the channel streaming store, i couldn't find any search button so i can't even search for apps. Can someone help me please?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why am i unable to install apps?

@Janet_abm 

The Roku Express streaming device, which will connect to your wireless router, should allow you to install any app that is approved for your region.

Roku is available and supported in 17 regions, but will play anywhere regardless of if it's supported or not. You simply don't have any support there.

Apps, on the other hand, work where the app developer says. Most app developers don't support a Roku app where Roku itself isn't supported. Disney, for instance, won't allow the Roku app in any country were Roku itself isn't supported.

So, where are you? And, if you're in one of the 17 supported regions, are you using a VPN, which could also stop the store from working.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Janet_abm.

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

In addition to @DBDukes, please be noted that Roku Search is available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States, and in Spanish in Mexico.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region and channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Janet_abm

Thank you for your reply, i am in the UAE, is Roku supported here? If not, what can i do to install prime videos?

0 Kudos
Janet_abm

Thank you for the clarification Mary, but if i may ask you this, i want to install prime videos, and in the channels stream i can only find prime video FYC (for trade groups) and have been asked to download the app in order to access my prime membership. And since i live in the UAE, how can i do so?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

It’s not supported there.  Sorry.  Roku seems slow at expanding their worldwide footprint, but I suppose TV licensing and differing consumer electronics standards makes for an “interesting” process.

The Prime FYC channel is for people in actors guilds etc.  It is not the channel you want.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Roku is supported here:

• United States
  • Canada
  • France
  • United Kingdom
  • Germany
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Peru

If an app developer chooses to not support a Roku app in any region, then the app is not available on Roku.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos