Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruko2023

Why a so many Ruko commercials 7 times in a Row?

We have to listen to the Roku jingle through 3 repetitive commercials then to be followed by the same 3 commercials when the series of 6 commercials run they repeat again 6 more times? Why? We have Roku, why advertise to us. We know the channels and the shows.  Please don’t “loop” the commercials we only need to see one set. Maybe make a few more, please without the Ruko Rise Up jingle for each one. 
Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
Garyvander

Re: Why a so many Ruko commercials 7 times in a Row?

I can't watch Roku anymore as they only have one commercial group, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ruko2023, @Garyvander,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience you had with the commercial and ads. We understand that repetitive channels disrupt the streaming momentum. Rest assured that we'll pass this information and concern to the appropriate Roku team for review.

If there's anything we can further assist you with aside from this, please don't hesitate to let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jd_dean

I have to change channels or shut it down.. 

I think after over a year everyone knows about "the Rick, Eisen show", Martha Stewart and the rest of the continuous commercials!! 

cecile_77

I'm in agreement.  All those same ads over and over and over again.

Roku is being a pain to watch.  Why can't they turn this off?  One

time is a viewing is more than enough. I am getting fed up with Roku.

It didn't used to be this way.  PLEASE STOP.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jd_dean @cecile_77,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having. Can you please provide more details about the problem? What channel were you watching? Where did the ad show up on screen?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KimW6
Streaming Star

Just FIX the problem! Maybe you should hire a competent team of system engineers.

halcarz

I can handle commercials BUT HEARING SAME ONES OVER 2 OR MORE TIMES IN ONE BREAK IS HORRIBLY UNNERVING

0 Kudos
dmr42dogs

please get rid of or change the commercials, these give me anxiety and migraines. i will cxl my script if its not changed my next month. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Greetings from the Roku community!

We appreciate your feedback about this, and we're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. We'll make sure to forward this over to the right team for further review.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos