Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjj20

Who can I contact about feedback on commercials seen on Roku

I saw a commercial today that was horribly offensive and I want to know if Roku is responsible or if it is the channel I was watching. The commercial was all about pubic hair. I can't even tell you what the product was, just they kept singing about pubic hair and little curly hairs were dancing around. Thank God my grandkids were not watching. It was very cartoony, obviously aimed at kids but totally disgusting.

4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Who can I contact about feedback on commercials seen on Roku

@jjj20 

I think it was that ridiculous Gillette commercial you saw.  That seems to be the aim of alot of these advertisers.  To shock and just push the envelope.  So cutting edge.

If you need a razor, I would suggest looking at Jeremy's Razors. (https://www.jeremysrazors.com/).  Now that is a commercial.

I don't even know if it helps to complain to anyone about the different commercials.  These advertisers seem to be unresponsive.  Best course is to just avoid and stop using their products.

Roku has been listening and responding here to some ads being shown by asking for information from concerned users in some cases.  Whether or not anything is being done is another question.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

ColinL

If you find out let me know. I just saw it and that was ridiculous and embarrassing. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

I am still wondering why her dancing "issues" are basically all over the house.  In the soap, on the chairs, on the floor.  Plus she is wearing jeans and a shirt on the beach so I don't even if know the cartoon woman is actually shaving.

Really should just contact a doctor rather than buying a razor.  Looks like symptoms of mange.  Or at least buy a vacuum.  That house is disgusting.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
David6684

Totally agree. Now it's Venus shaving, with close-ups.