Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gruben
Level 7

Where is YouTube TV? It disappeared today

YouTube TV was inactive on my Roku today so I removed it to add it back.  When I search Channels, it is not there.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where is YouTube TV? It disappeared today

@Gruben 

Let me catch you up on the last several months. In the Spring -- this was in the news, which you msut have missed -- the agreement between Roku and Google ran out for YouTube TV. It's not in the Channel Store. If you have it, you can use it. If you remove it, you lose it.

Now, there is a workaround. Use the YouTube app, scroll all the way down on the left and use the YouTube TV link there.

So, why did you remove the app? You said it "was inactive," but what does that mean? That you haven't used it? If that's what you mean, that doesn't matter. Just log in and use it. You haven't give an explanation of a reason to remove it. What does "inactive" mean? It's not clear why you removed the app.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Gruben
Level 7

Early this morning when I tried to launch/open it, it said, "This channel did not launch please try again later."  So I retried a few times.  Finally, I removed the Channel to go back and Add it back again - but it wasn't there.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Gruben 

Gotcha. Yeah, that would normally be a reasonable line of action, but with the months-long dispute, it means you've lost the app. Still, there is the workaround of using the YouTube app. So, it's not a complete loss, just an extra step.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."