Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Where did the True History channel go?

Jump to solution

Yes, I LOST IT TOO...99% TV and the good ones disappear 

irishkhan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Im so mad ! Of all the Reality junk clogging up the Live Tv channels, they get rid of the one decent & educational channel.  True History (TH) prorgams are from The Great Courses.  GCs streaming version is called "Wondrium" but requires $ subscription. 

See if your local library supports "Kanopy".  Its free & includes many of these lecture series.  You can "borrow" a series for 21 days & but will use some of your monthly Kanopy credits, now called points.

APPs for both Wondrium and Kanopy are available on Roku.  

PGB1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Somebody told me recently that some of the Wondrium items are on Kanopy Kids. No credits are used up with Kanopy Kids.

With luck, some Great Courses are included in Kanopy Kids. (I haven't looked to see which Wondrium items are on Knaopy Kids.)

Paul

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi community users,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Roku strives to create an amazing entertainment experience by offering access to thousands of streaming apps. In some cases, streaming services merge and apps are combined, or providers may choose to remove their app from our platform. Thus, you'll want to reach out to the provider and inquire further regarding this.

You can refer to this article for additional support information on why an app is no longer available on Roku streaming devices.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
jormunrr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I view it on Plex now and marked it as a favorite channel.  Just add it to your Roku list if you don't have it already.   

PGB1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

"Roku strives to create an amazing entertainment experience by offering access to thousands of streaming apps. In some cases, streaming services merge and apps are combined, or providers may choose to remove their app from our platform."

Thank You for replying to our inquiries.

Is the quote above a polite way to tell us that the provider got greedy and raised the price too high?

0 Kudos
PBinSC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I asked Wondrium why it was removed. Here is their reply:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Wondrium. I apologize for the delayed response. We are working our way through a backlog of emails.

I understand that you Roku has told its community that we removed True History from Roku and that many in the community are upset about it. 

I asked the Team member responsible for True History about this. He said that Roku removed True History on Dec. 1.  (The response you posted appears to be kind of a generic customer service reply.)  At any rate, True History is still available on several other platforms such as Freevee, Tivo+, Vizio, Local Now and others.

I don't have further information about why Roku removed True History.

I'm very glad to hear that you and many others enjoy True History, and I hope that you will be able to access on one of the other platforms.

Please let me know if I can further assist you.

Kind regards,

Description automatically generated" border="0" data-outlook-trace="F:0|T:1">
Tracy Grant (she/her/hers)
Email Team Lead
Wondrium