Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim99
Channel Surfer

Re: Where did the True History channel go?

Jump to solution

Also on Plex... 

jormunrr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting the other places we can find True History.

PGB1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It's surely missed in our home, too!

I guess education isn't a profit maker for Roku.

I tried Distro TV and Xumo and failed. Distro TV crashes all of my Roku televisions, turning them off. Xumo simply recirculates itself back to Home and to the default program over and over. Maybe they will get fixed.

You can stream the episodes on Wondrium,. but it's kind of expensive and you have to watch it on a computer instead of the television.

Wondrium also has many other topics, but I don't know if they all are included in a subscription.

Hope Roku Gets True History Back Soon!

Paul

Tim99
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You can also stream a lot of the Great Courses for free via Kanopy (public library app on Roku) if your local library subscribes.  Not to get this thread too far off course but there is LOT of good streaming content from libraries nowadays. 

jormunrr
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's on Plex too.  A simpler app than Distro so may not cause you any issues.

Thanks for the info about Kanopy.  I'll check that out.

Appy

Jump to solution

Boo, roku, boo, yeah they couldn't ditch a trashy reality channel instead? Will try the other apps suggested that have it, thanks

PBinSC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks to another user, I did find it on Xumo. Why couldn't they remove one or several of the reality shows  instead of True History. Someone made a bad decision.

CarpetbaggerFL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, and thanks to all who replied. Found TH on Xumo last night (after a lot of searching and scrolling). Program guide is a little harder to navigate but glad to have TH back; it's a great alternative to the usual TV noise. Would love to see more like it too, such as the Annenberg-CPB Channel, if it still exists.

Rox2

Jump to solution

I’m missing my True History Channel!!  Where can I find it?!  It is one reason I purchased five Roku TV’s !  I guess you don’t care about us viewers but I’m very unhappy. I will tell my friends all over the country that Roku does this. 

PGB1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks, Tim99 for mentioning Kanopy.

I didn't find specifically True History, but thanks to your mention of it, found lots of interesting Great Course episodes!