Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bga40plus
Reel Rookie

What just happened to my program on iMdb?

I was watching iMdb on my Roku, and at noon, my wifi reception cut out. After I rebooted my Roku and modem, 

iMdb was gone from my channel list, and searching for it resulted in ‘no channel found’. What’s going on?

9 REPLIES 9
jp191

Re: What just happened to my program on iMdb?

same. and it’s gone when i searched. I read they renewed the contract in the 22nd, so if doesn’t make sense.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Roku does not control tut content or the behavior of IMDb. Amazon owns IMDb and they are incorporating it into the Prime channel. It’s actually been part of Prime for awhile. Also IMDb is renamed Freevee

https://www.groundedreason.com/imdb-launched-a-free-streaming-service/

0 Kudos
Bga40plus
Reel Rookie

Thanks! I found freevee and loaded the app. That was eerie, especially since I had been watching X Files! Lol

0 Kudos
dinorocks

IMdB gone from home page

Hi. I have been  watching the free IMdB channel. Today I went to watch it and its gone from my home page! I tried to reload it, but its no longer listed anywhere, including the channel search. Anyone have any idea why? I tried to update the system, but it said it was up to date.

davidjazz
Roku Guru

Re: IMdB gone from home page

IMdb TV is owned by Amazon. They just rebranded to FreeVee.

You should see FreeVee in the same spot where IMdb was in your menu.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @dinorocks

Thanks for the post.

For more information about IMDB TV's availability and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel's customer support team to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@RokuKariza-D  IMDb is now Freevee

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@dinorocks 

https://www.amazon.com/adlp/imdbtv-about

Notice this part:

imdbtv-freevee.png

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

MilesT
Roku Guru

Neither seems to be available in UK.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos