Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KN4JX
Reel Rookie

What happened to my smart home Roku security camera app on my roku 4K device? Nowhere to be found.

Did they discontinue the Roku App on the 4K device?  I can not find it anywhere in a search.  It all still works on my phone but not the TV device.  Why?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What happened to my smart home Roku security camera app on my roku 4K device? Nowhere to be fou

I assume you have Roku cameras and not some other brand.  If I search the "Streaming Store" for "camera", "Roku Cameras" is the first channel that shows up.  They did rename the channel/app from "Smart Home" probably because there was nothing smart about it - it only allowed you to view cameras and had nothing to do with any other smart home devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
KN4JX
Reel Rookie

Re: What happened to my smart home Roku security camera app on my roku 4K device? Nowhere to be fou

Thank you for your reply and Yes, all ROKU stuff, in the first place this is why I got it and pay for the service so I can see it on my TV... 

I have been using it for about a year when all of a sudden about a week or two ago it did not show up on my 4K ROKU device no matter how I search for it. 

I have tried to do a factory reset on the 4K device and no go.

IT IS STILL WORKING ON MY PHONE AND MY OTHER NON-4K RUKO DEVICE plugged into the other TV in the house.  IT IS ONLY THE 4K UNIT THAT IS NOT WORKING.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Do the working and non-working Roku devices show the same email address under Settings->System->About?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
KN4JX
Reel Rookie

Yes, both are on the same account thanks for the idea.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KN4JX,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

For us to further look at this issue, would you be so kind as to provide your Roku device information such as Device ID, Model, Serial number, and OS version? All these can be found in Settings > System > About. 

We'll wait for your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos