Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glennmuller77
Reel Rookie

What happened to The Mentalist? It is no longer showing up on the menu

I was watching The Mentalist, but when I went to view an episode today, 2/1/2024, it is no longer showing up on my menu.  What happened and when will it become available again?

4 REPLIES 4
Jkroot08
Reel Rookie

Re: What happened to The Mentalist? It is no longer showing up on the menu

There is already another thread on this… many people are annoyed by this but we’ve got no answers unfortunately. Most likely it had been removed long term because it happened on the 1st of a new month. I think they removed the whole series and since no one has answered anyone’s questions on the prior thread seems like it won’t come back anytime soon.

glennmuller77
Reel Rookie

Thank you for this response.  Really appreciate it.

meaqet

When is it showing again.  the mentalist

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@meaqet 

Looks like the Mentalist moved over to some subscription/pay channels/apps like Max, AppleTV, and Vudo.

The content in the free channel/apps like the Roku Channel, Pluto, Plex, and others come and go as the licensing expires.  It will come around again to one of the free channels/apps. (unfortunately, there is no way to tell when.)

Roku used to have a pretty good feature called "My Feed" which would alert users when content was back, and allowed users to follow content and actors, but it was removed a few updates ago. (I think in OS 10 or 10.5) when they revamped the Search features.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102