Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Murdock1
Channel Surfer

Re: Weird Al Yankovic commercial sequence

Stop stop stop please 😫!I can't take it anymore I'm about ready to put my Roku TV in my fire pit and start a big fire under it and Stream it live on FB..While my son records it and will upload it to YT..I'M NOT KIDDING..It's been about a year now and Al's got to go or I'm  burning it and going back to cable TV..

KimW6
Streaming Star

Make it pay per view! I'd like to see that.  Mail the burned out Roku device back to them, too... lol

Murdock1
Channel Surfer

B.S.Chel!..Are you really real?!Orrrr???Are you a scripted bot!?!..I don't know nor do I beltve nothing can be done about that nauseating,totallly lame Al Yank & Martha and yea!..Stop it !.No kudos to you and a big thumbs down for you!..Jeff

Murdock1
Channel Surfer

Ok Einstein what do you mean wrong info!

Murdock1
Channel Surfer

Ha Carly check it out it's only been about a year for thathis lame,nauesting,ridicoulous,commercial!..Are you Real or a Scripted Bot!?..I don't know!..Stop the madness or I'm going to livestream on F.B. me,lighting fire to my Roku tv in my fire pit!..My son will also record me doing it and telling why and upload it to his Y.T. channel! I'm not kidding!..I'm 69yrs young and wow is all I can say!..I'm a burning and filming and going back to cable!..Jeff

History101
Channel Surfer

Carly,

I want to support what's being requested here. That commercial and it's being played over and over has gotten to the point where I am simply avoiding the programming now and leaving my TV either muted or off. It is inane and it is seriously annoying to listen to that garbage all day over and over. Please lose the Weird Al nonsense.

History101
Channel Surfer

This is a BS canned response folks. It appears with different staff names throughout the thread. These people don't give a whit about what their customers want or prefer.

History101
Channel Surfer

Personally, I find it interesting the goofy Weird Al ad is so closely associated with programming on America's Real Voice. Leads one to question whether or not Roku is trying to negatively reinforce people's accessing of the content associated with that news outlet.

Roku, I think your Commy Kalifornia roots are beginning to show a bit.....

Texconsin
Streaming Star

"Rumor has it" that the Weird Al ad sequence has been removed, but nothing can be further from the truth.  After Newsmax went behind the paywall, I decided to give Roku another try to see if there were any alternative (conservative) news channels besides those on Pluto.

It didn't take long for that lousy ad sequence to come on and as soon as I post this, I'm going back to Pluto.

WTF is wrong with ROKU???  They may as well be Republicans who run on Trump's coattails, only to stab Trump in the back (can you hear me, Mittens "Pierre Delecto" Romney?).

Texconsin
Streaming Star

Hey, Roku!  You need to tell your advertisers that we can't hear their commercials anymore, since we now MUTE your sound at the beginning of every commercial break for fear that AL or MARTHA might show up to make us PUKE.  To keep your most annoying self-promos running, you're screwing all of the companies who support you with ads.  Good job, IDIOTS.