Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustOG

Way to remove watching history?

So, I see there's still no solution.  The Roku channel is making suggestions that I don't want it to make, based on movies I've deleted from "continue watching".  It's a simple fix, from a developer standpoint. That you haven't added some option to solve it says a lot about your company.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
ral819

Re: Way to remove watching history?

Go to the upper menu (Home, Live TV, Guide, "My Library", etc) Move your selection all the way to the right through your "Watched History" movies. At the end there should be a clear selections option, "Watchlist" also has this option...

0 Kudos
stuntdummy
Reel Rookie

ROKU used to have this option.  They deleted it.  They deleted it, because they are gathering as much information as they can....Allowing YOU to delete the movies you have watched depletes their data mining process......So....If you and your wife watch a movie that is very adult, and your kids use the same TV, they get to see the movie Mommy and Daddy was watching.....Or maybe a movie you don't want your wife to know you watched...lol.....There IS NO SOLUTION TO THIS EXCEPT THIS!!!!    Go into your search on the main screen, and keep searching cooking, and baking....You'll get cooking and baking shows replacing any racy movie you may have stumbled upon......It's the only way until ROKU puts the delete feature back.  Plus, it screws up the data mining process.....I am not 100% sure if this will work 100%, but I tried it, and it seems to work?  Anyway, ROKU is selling data to the Chinese just like google, Facebook, and Microsoft.  Good Luck, ROKU wont help you, their customer service pretends like they don't even know what you mean, when they darn well know!  Betcha they delete this post.

0 Kudos
stuntdummy
Reel Rookie

his isn't what people are talking about.....It's clearing search history on the home screen, on a ROKU TV, NOT the ROKU channel Ap.   What you're saying works, but it's not what people are asking.  🙂

0 Kudos