Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whughes11
Reel Rookie

Way to remove watching history?

I'm rewatching a tv show and all the episodes are starting at the end. Is there a way to reset it so I don't have to manually go in and start it from the beginning.

8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Way to remove watching history?

Your watching history is maintained by each channel.  What channel are you watching?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Whughes11
Reel Rookie

The roku channel. 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Whughes11 wrote:

The roku channel. 

In that case, bringing this to the attention of Roku employees @RokuDanny-R & @RokuKariza

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Douggg
Channel Surfer

I'm searching to no avail for how to edit the watch history or clear it entirely. I cannot find a solution for either. Also looking for, if the above is not an option, how to remove unwanted suggestions in the "because you watched" category. One so-called solution for removing those suggestions (specifically for the Roku Channel, which is what I have in focus), claims menu choices exist that do not exist. Highlighting the content and pressing the * (asterisk) button brings up a menu that has no such option of removing from there.

Saeka6
Reel Rookie

My search for how to edit the watch history or clear it entirely has come up empty. I am unable to find a solution to either problem. Looking for the same thing. In the event that none of the above options are available.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Douggg @Saeka6 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What channel are you trying to remove the watch history from?

For The Roku Channel, you should be able to scroll down to the Continue Watching section > Select the unwanted content > press the * button > Remove from Continue Watching. This should remove the content from the Continue Watching section.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Douggg
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Douggg @Saeka6 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What channel are you trying to remove the watch history from?

For The Roku Channel, you should be able to scroll down to the Continue Watching section > Select the unwanted content > press the * button > Remove from Continue Watching. This should remove the content from the Continue Watching section.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

I've already explained the issue, but I will explain again. Doing the above does NOTHING to remove the unwanted related suggested content caused by the fact that obviously the watch history still contained that which was removed from the "continue watching" section. Removing from "continue watching" has NO impact on the "Because you watched" section, which even continues to list the titles of content already removed from the "continue watching" section. To claim or think that removing from "continue watching" is the same as clearing watch history is inaccurate at best. 

And to reiterate what I've clearly stated previously, this is in regard to the Roku Channel. 

muchord

We have the same issue. We just want to be able to remove the shows its suggesting based on what was watched before.