Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mego73
Channel Surfer

Re: Watch TCM not working after July 15 2021 update

I checked. It begins to play program for a minute but is unresponsive to pausing Or stopping and finally crashes out to the Rome home screen.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Mego73 

Make sure you post your model # and firmware version:  Settings/System about

...and app version:  Highlight Watch TCM/Options (*)

...and TV provider

0 Kudos
tcm65
Binge Watcher

Just received this from Kathy at TCM. - ISSUE RESOLVED 🙂

I did need to check for updates(*) but then it worked. 

Kathy (TCM Help Center)

Sep 8, 2021, 14:45 EDT

Great news – Watch TCM on Roku devices has been fixed! Thanks to the information provided by our customers, we were able to identify the issue and release an update to Roku.

If you’re still experiencing the crashing issue, you may need to manually update the app. To do this, press the * button on your Roku remote while the Watch TCM channel icon is highlighted on the main home screen, then select “Check for updates”.

If you need any assistance, please contact us by replying to this email.

Best,
Kathy at TCM

0 Kudos
egeezer
Reel Rookie

As Kathy posted,, you may want to do a Roku uodate today. After submitting a ticket to TCM Support a few days ago about a solid crash failure when opening the channel, I received an email today saying the issue was resolved and to update the watxhTCM app. I did so and the channel now works fine.

0 Kudos
gspinney
Reel Rookie

The model below is experiencing the video cutoff.  In addition the app will not allow me to authenticate as an AT&T Uverse user.  When I select "AT&T" the activation code appears momentarily, and then the screen returns to home.  If I were fast enough to capture the activation code, I wonder if the app would then display movies.

Roku Ultra LT

Model 4662RW

MAC: 8c:49:62:fa:4e:0a

S/N: YJ002X295514

0 Kudos
gspinney
Reel Rookie

Belay my last posting.  I was having the cutout issue before the update by TCM on Sep 8, 2021. I wrote my previous reply Sep 11, 2021, but before checking Watch TCM. Just after I wrote the reply I opened Watch TCM, and it worked perfectly.  I did not have to manually update--the system had automatically updated.  I did not have to authenticate--the system remembered me.  Thank you TCM coders.  Whom I do not thank are those who, while trying to be helpful or to appear technically savvy, suggested solutions that did not work.  To them I say, "If you haven't tested it, don't suggest it."  Finally, the only problem I had with the old version of TCM is the glacially slow fast forward.  If the newest version of Watch TCM remediated that, I would award kudos to TCM coders.  Alas, it is still slow.  If there is an end-user out there who has seen an improvement in the app, please tell us what it is.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.  That is not a joke.  Anyone who makes his or her living diagnosing and fixing stuff knows that.            

0 Kudos
Bigdumptruck
Reel Rookie

I think it would. If you can find my earlier reply I used my phone to record the screen so I could go back to get the code. I can now watch the channel. 

0 Kudos
Gidget2021
Streaming Star

Better late than never! YAY! All is well now. TCM works! Thanks to those who fixed this issue.

0 Kudos
Gidget2021
Streaming Star

ONE question: I can't find a way to put on the CC now. I used to be able to easy peasy. I'd appreciate any tips. Thank you!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Gidget2021 

During playback press the Options (*) button and select Close Captioning=On always

0 Kudos