Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lleon50
Reel Rookie

Re: Watch TCM not receiving new content

None of tiles (films) in the first three rows of “Films” Panel will play.

Very few tiles (films) beyond the first three rows will launch as of 23 July 2023 (afternoon in Hawaii)

0 Kudos
MJMJ
Binge Watcher

Same is true for me. The problem is not yet fixed.

0 Kudos
gailf1
Channel Surfer

Well, I guess you guys are right, although I was surprised and grateful to see that some films that had been just sitting on my list unplayable are now working just fine. I wonder so much what's going on? Do they have to "fix" each film one by one? Do they not yet know what's wrong? Obviously, I don't know a **bleep** thing about it, but you'd think it wouldn't be such a hard fix. Anyway, if it's ever made playable, and you haven't seen The Boy with Green Hair, watch it. It may be the first movie I ever saw, and I love it still.

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

What is in the TCM app queue, at this point, seems to be playing. I finally got another request to "Sign In", in my case to Xfinity, which is usually once a week and that seems normal. As of today 07/24 at 2:17 the first feature in my TCM Watch app queue is " This Could Be the Night"  is that the same title for everyone else at this point in time?

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

I swear on a stack of Bibles that at 2:17 the newest titles were "This Could Be the Night"  and "New Moon". I returned to the TCM app an hour or so later  and a whole new bunch of titles are there after the "This Could Be the Night" title. The "New Moon" title is gone (it did not play anyway) and now there are about 8 or nine new titles that "appear" to play. I give up!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
gailf1
Channel Surfer

OK. Right now the end of Recently Added is MGM Cartoons. Next up is couple of shorts, then This Could Be the Night, which does play for me. I do not have the 8 or 9 new titles that you refer to. A number of the titles on the right side of This Could be the Night do seem to be working properly. I'm happy that some of the films that aired longest ago, like Zandy's Bride, are now working! 

By the way, in my last post in this thread, I want to make clear that my bleeped word was the mildest possible swear word. I am not complaining at all, but it seems, once it's bleeped, to be much worse than it was! (🙂)

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Thanks for the info. That jibes with what I have and all seems to work at this time. I was just saying that  a couple of hours ago the last two titles were... "New Moon" and Nelson Eddie and Janette MacDonald film  and "This Could be the Night". "New Moon", which wouldn't play just vanished and was replaced by, looks like,  4 new titles that seem to be what we both are seeing.... and they are playing fine. It may have only been on my internet but it was weird....and feel free to "bleep" all ya need to I can take it 😅

0 Kudos
lleon50
Reel Rookie

In Hawaii at 2:30pm, 24 July, 2023…

After being required to re-activate my TCM Account on my 3 month old Roku TV on Spectrum Internet only service to my house…

Everything on the first 4 Rows launches and plays.  
I did not test anything beyond the first four rows.

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

At this point in time the newest titles from "You Said a Mouthful" to "By the Light of the Silvery Moon" do not play for me. TCM app IS STILL MESSED UP

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Just wondering if some of the people purportedly laid off at TCM were IT folks? Just wondering if those folks might have taken issue with that?    ....just wondering. 🤔

0 Kudos