Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BLAIRCOMM
Reel Rookie

Re: Watch TCM not receiving new content

My Watch TCM app on ROKU does receive new content, but will not load and play the movies. This started on 14 July and continues to today, 21 July 2023. We are on Spectrum by Los Angeles. No updates anywhere. TCM sent a response that it is being "worked on," but no real data. Rumor has it that Warner's servers, which also hold other streaming apps, have had issues and it is effecting the other streaming services as well.

Warner was consideing shuttering TCM — could this be some devious plot? TCM and it's app are a national and world treasure of irreplaceable art and film history. 

Rise up and protest!

smallWstudio
Streaming Star

I can't make a company create/screen entertainment for me if they don't want to or choose to cut their losses.

I have been paying for this service and remuneration for lack of service would be nice but I'm not holding my breath.

If they are pulling the plug on TCM just do it but don't continue making myself and many others go through this PAINFUL process.

0 Kudos
ukor222
Reel Rookie

Those of you who may have MAX (old HBO), TCM is an option on their channel menu.  The films are many but they do not have the core  classic films we are accustom to see on TCM.

Interestingly, access and viewing those films on MAX is not an issue.  

The films (on MAX) are more recent films and run the range of film types. 

As past post have mentioned, TCM is still having issues when accessing through Roku or directly using a laptop / phone.

Its odd that the TCM option through MAX is not having the same problems that TCM via ROKU or direct  with TCM.com.

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Comcast/Xfinity has their "On Demand" feature and if one has the TCM package they of course can watch live and I guess, similar to the MAX feature, there are a number of TCM titles available. Though not as many as on TCM internet and the Roku app. The "Host" intros are not available...which are sometimes a bit of a bonus.

0 Kudos
gailf1
Channel Surfer

First, let me say again how much I appreciate all these updates, even if they don't help solve the problem. But: I disagree with you about their pulling the plug. I want them to solve the problem, dammit, so I can go back to enjoying my primary source of entertainment. I am an 80-year-old, and most modern movies leave me cold. Actually, the sad part about the partial restoration of normal operation is that any film I really wanted to see, for example the old black-and-whites with the likes of Myrna Loy, have not been fixed, whereas a movie with an actor I dislike intensely, Red Skelton, is watchable. 

smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Oh don't get me wrong.. I desperately want TCM to continue...they got us through the pandemic bless 'em!!! But one would think it wouldn't take these many weeks, at least for me, to get it fixed!!! And now with so many fits-and-starts that "appeared" to get things corrected only to find out things are still so very broken!  

If there was just some word that they are getting closer but I'm just afraid it's too big for the folks that are left in IT at TCM.

MJMJ
Binge Watcher

Okay, here's the latest: half of the WATCH TCM movies start now and half get me COLOR BARS!!!

Everyone else getting this?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Update from TCM

I just received the following email in response to contact I made with them over this issue some time ago:

Hi there,

Over the last few weeks, Warner Bros. Discovery has been dealing with a technical issue that has affected several of the company's apps, including Watch TCM. This is a high priority for the network, and our team is working hard to get it back up to speed.

We appreciate your patience and will keep you informed as more updates become available.

Best Regards,
TCM Customer Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
gailf1
Channel Surfer

It seems that our "long national nightmare" may now be over (🙂)!

At any rate, films that I had saved and had not been able to watch for almost a month now work for me. I am very grateful to whoever at TCM has solved this problem, since I had almost given up on their "fixing" the films that first aired several weeks ago.

0 Kudos
Johnny60
Channel Surfer

I just tried three titles added recently that still don't play. Weird. And Regis Toomey in 'Framed' has a picture of Grant Withers 😐.

0 Kudos