Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Re: Watch TCM not receiving new content

As far a I can tell it's the same all over for subscribers to TCM. TCM seems incapable or doesn't care about this issue. Even the support "BOT"- "Roseann"  doesn't reply any more, not that it helped in any way with the issue.  For me this has gone on for close to a month...so very sad.

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

It "appears" that things are getting back to normal with the TCM app. It seems to be working on the website and on the Roku as well... and it only took 3 weeks or more. 😆

0 Kudos
gailf1
Channel Surfer

Gosh, I was so happy and excited when I read that it was fixed as of about a half-hour ago that I immediately went to try, and guess what: all of the movies I had saved still won't start, and there are still the four zeros on either side of the time line of the film, after I press PLAY. I then thought, well, maybe it would help if I sign out and sign in again. No difference. 

Are you able to see films you have saved during the last few weeks or just ones available as of today?

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

I only had a couple of films saved and they did play but that isn't a very good sample. I'm sure there may be some that were saved that do not play. All I can say is that it "seems" everything in the queue at this point seems to play.

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Spoke too soon. All the movies from yesterday played for me but now that I check the new ones from "Days of Wine and Roses" to "The Defiant Ones" won't play!!!! This is sooo beyond frustrating !!!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

I checked this morning and found no improvement.

I just now checked and found the last several entries that showed up played for me as they should.   I went back and spot checked about 20 or so prior entries spread over the problem timespan and ALL played!  Checked on two different Rokus: Streaming Stick 3600 and Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821.

Could this thing finally be fixed?

The only oddball one I found was a fairly recent entry, Obsession, that starts with a color chart and audible tone, then moves into some header information -- all stuff that is probably tacked on at the beginning of their movie files but we aren't normally shown.  The actual film began at the 1 minute mark.

Edited to add:

@smallWstudio-

I don't find either "Days of Wine and Roses" or "The Defiant Ones" in the current Films list.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Yeah titles have changed from what were there this morning. Now it's back to a few days ago. My first title in the TCM queue is "The Clown" which was the first title a day or so ago....I have no clue what's going on!!!

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Ah, nuts.  We're not out of the woods yet.  They just added Rebel Without a Cause, and it WON'T play for me.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
makaiguy

It's no better on the tcm.com website.  Same films play or don't play as on the Roku app.  They seem to have major server problems.

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Yes, both the TCM site and the Roku app are pretty much the same. This has been going on, for me, for about 4 weeks. TCM can't seem to figure out this issue. It seemed to be all good a day ago then as newer titles appeared the same issue of not playing reared it's ugly head yet again. So very sad!!

0 Kudos