Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jwitt
Reel Rookie

Re: Watch TCM not receiving new content

Finally getting new listings but I agree several I tried did not load. I'm hoping this is just learning curve for a new handler of the films. The job slashing that was rumored - if it went from 90 staff to 20 - is that possible? Eddie Muller might be running the library! 

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Been having the same issues as everyone else I believe with Comcast/Xfinity and the Roku 3 box and TCM.

I'm now starting to get the new TCM content on the app finally, after a few weeks, but if I select one of the new movies and hit the Play button it starts to play but just sits and spins. The player counter at the botom of the screen shows 0:00 as the start time and 0:00 as the end time of the movie so that's weird.

My issue. I believe,  is I haven't been asked by TCM/Roku to "Activate" the Roku app for about 3 weeks now. I been used to doing the "Activate-Dance" every week since I subscribed to TCM but for at least 3 weeks no call to activate from the app. I can stream the old selections from 3 weeks ago but the new content that shows up on the lineup won't play...as I described above. It's good to know I'm not alone but this is really bad service for sure!!!

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Re: Watch TCM not playing new content..even after the activation code came through

Imagine my joy when last night i finally had the "Activate" code request on Roku for TCM. It's been at least 3 weeks since I've seen one. Well I did the activate-dance and all went well .....BUT new titles still won't play. I still get the spinning buffer symbol and the player counter for the title still shows 0:00 at the start and 0:00 for the end length of the selection. This is really getting VERY frustrating.

Things are still no better trying to stream from my PC as well with many of the new movie selection's pages blacked out completely. HOW LONG DOES THIS FIX TAKE?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Watch TCM not playing new content..even after the activation code came through

Hi @smallWstudio,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're still having an issue with the TCM channel not playing content, and only a buffer symbol appears. Since TCM has stated that there has been a technical error, it might be best to reach out to them directly and inquire further about the workaround updates in fixing the issue.

We hope that this issue will be resolved soon.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Thanks for you reply and trust me I have been reaching out to TCM. I have gotten responses, hopefully it's a real person replying to my issues and not a BOT but I'm not sure. I have done all they suggested but nothing is resolved. I was hoping to compare notes with folks on the Roku forum to see if any had the same issues as me and they seem somewhat similar but maybe not. But I will refrain from posting any more as I'll assume it isn't your problem.

0 Kudos
MJMJ
Binge Watcher

Okay, here's a trick: SOME of those movies can be played using the Xfinity Stream app without any charge. Simply load and open the app and go to "Stream" and enter TCM. Select On Demand and look for your movie. I noticed that a few weren't free but many are if you have a TCM account. 

0 Kudos
MJMJ
Binge Watcher

Oops I meant to say go to "Search" and enter TCM. Sorry, lol

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, Xfinity On Demand works fine for what is available. I still think the issue lies with TCM and their internet "Handshake" with Xfinity. Something got off about 3 weeks ago and it hasn't been fixed yet. I much prefer to stream with the Roku and get all the Host intros that are informative and fun as far as I'm concerned. TCM must get their act together I believe.

0 Kudos
ukor222
Reel Rookie

New content is immaterial if, when click on play, nothing happens.  Films will not load at all.

The comment is dated July 14,2023.  What tech problem can take 2 weeks to resolve??

0 Kudos
heywally
Streaming Star

This may have something to do with xfinity (I have them) but the problem exists on more platforms than jus5 Roku. I’m guessing the “blame” lies with TCM, who seems to not care about this issue.

0 Kudos