Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Re: Watch TCM not playing new content..even after the activation code came through

Certainly appears that it's TCM. Been sending emails to their "Support" email  here   support@tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com   probably wouldn't hurt to keep flooding emails to that address 🤔

I have received a couple of, what appears to be, "boiler plate" responses, could be a A.I. BOT who knows but no real help with the issue for sure. EXTREMELY frustrating for sure 😵

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Re: Watch TCM not playing new content..even after the activation code came through

I have a theory about one aspect of all this. Bearing in mind I know nothing about computers and the internet.

A few weeks ago I noticed a problem when I was on the TCM page of my computer's browser. I wasn't seeing any new titles. Typically once a week the TCM page will ask me to "Sign In" to my Xfinity account. When I do it goes to the Xfinity website, I log in and it sends me back to the TCM page and all is fine. Well ...when the problem arose I hit the TCM sign-in button, it would start to go to Xfinity, but it would stop and I got this message...

"An error occurred during a connection to oauth.xfinity.com. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR Error code:PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR"

I thought it was some sort of virus/hack/hijacking well it wasn't. Computer people know that "oauth" is...

The authorization code is a temporary code that the client will exchange for an access token. The code itself is obtained from the authorization server where the user gets a chance to see what the information the client is requesting, and approve or deny the request.

...something at either Xfinity or TCM wasn't "handshaking". Once again remember I'm a computer idiot. In a few days or so that "seemed" to clear up and the sign-in "seemed" to connect and all "appeared" OK. The TCM page starting displaying all the new titles which hadn't appeared before. They appeared on the Roku too as they hadn't appeared there as well. As I say all appeared fine except for the fact that movies still wouldn't play at the TCM site or on the RoKu. Older titles that were in the TCM queue before the oauth-issue would still play but all the newer titles wouldn't play so back again to the broken TCM site.

I think there's still and issue with "oauth" something tells me...time will tell. Unless I dump TCM before that 😖

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it till someone smarter tells me different.

frankw17

Re: Watch TCM not receiving new content

TCM streaming works via Hulu but it does not work when you use the Roku set top box.  I can't believe this is still the case since the comments from TCM and Roku are over a week ago!

I have the Watch TCM app on ROKU. For reasons I can’t figure out, I am presently no longer able to play movies listed under the “films” function”. Everything else seems to be working on the app. Any ideas on how to fix this? Is it related to the problem relating to the failure to load new content through the app?

smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Re: Watch TCM not receiving or playing new content, but now....

So now something very interesting for me at least!

Since I had an older Roku 3 and I have a 4K SONY TV I decided to upgraded to a new Roku Express 4K+ from Amazon today.

Strange... the titles on TCM that became available during the time I installed the new Roku are playing fine on TCM with the new Roku 4k+.  Is that just a coincidence? I have no idea. The older titles from the last week or so still won't play on the new Roku...some do, some don't, really it's hit or miss it seems on playback of these selections.

The same payback-ability is mirrored on the  TCM computer website as the selections that play on the Roku will play on the TCM website. STILL VERY STRANGE but headway. So is it the ROKU or TCM  or Xfinity or some strange combination of all three and that "oauth" code issue I was opining about in a previous post. Stay tuned 😉

0 Kudos
smallWstudio
Streaming Star

Of course I spoke too soon.

The newest title at this moment  "Every Which Way But Loose" will not play on Roku or the TCM website. But the previous titles "All American Boy" and "Shaft" will play "The Goodbye Girl" won't play and other titles at random down the list...

This is such a mystery wrapped in a massive headache 😵

0 Kudos
Pompey
Roku Guru

https://filmschoolrejects.com/turner-classic-movies/

https://www.vulture.com/2023/06/tcm-network-cuts-david-zaslav.html

Who knows where this is all going........?

"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
0 Kudos
Pompey
Roku Guru

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/why-tcm-closing-down-channel-off-air-b1092463.html

I'm just so afraid that these "deals" floating around promising to 'save" TCM in the US will be unsuccessful.  Hope it's just my pessimism ...

"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
0 Kudos
Jwitt
Reel Rookie

For those following, the problem that started with missing new content earlier this month (after Cleopatra Jones) is STILL with us! 

The majority of new available films do not play, though 1 or 2 here and there do. The TCM team is either not checking links to ensure they work, or they don't know how. 

I suspect staff cutbacks but your guess is AGAM. I'm logged in just fine. That is not the issue. 

Hang in there... 

Jwitt

0 Kudos
MJMJ
Binge Watcher

Be advised that new movies are appearing on WATCH TCM now and as of now when I tried "Dial M for Murder" it asked if I wanted to continue or start over.  Made no difference because NEITHER ONE STARTS THE MOVIE! (Host intro works) 9:15 CDT 7/16/23..

0 Kudos