Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Watch TCM not receiving new content

I have the Watch TCM Roku channel app authenticated with a DirecTV account.  Typically new content is added frequently, sometimes several times a day.  Each is marked with an expiration date that can vary from a few days to a few weeks in the future.

My installation has received no new content in several days now.  The last new entry was "Cleopatra Jones and the City of Gold".  Aside from that the app functions normally and content already present can be viewed, added and removed on my watchlist, etc.

I have removed the app, restarted the Roku, and reinstalled the app.  I have logged out of the app and logged back in to reauthenticate with DirecTV.  Still getting no new content.

Are others seeing the same thing?

As TCM is part of the Warner Brothers stable, and WB is reported to be making cutbacks, I fear this may be the first step in WB pulling the plug on their Roku app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
74 REPLIES 74
Johnny60
Channel Surfer

Re: Watch TCM not receiving new content

It's the same content available when I log in to watch on chromebook. Nothing updated.

makaiguy

Don't like the sound of that. 

I hope it's just a temporary problem at their end.  I reported it to TCM yesterday via https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new but have heard nothing back.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

tcm65
Binge Watcher

I am having the exact same issue. Most concerning as I use Watch TCM app frequently and enjoy the content. My cable carrier is Spectrum.

Jwitt
Reel Rookie

Same issue here in Columbus Ohio. Could the new shakeup at TCM already be making dramatic changes? Not a word about this on the TCM website or channel. 

Johnny60
Channel Surfer

Did run across this.Screenshot 2023-07-07 20.18.17.png

makaiguy

@Johnny60-

Thanks for posting this.  None of my searches turned that up, but maybe that's because I don't tweet.

If correct, I guess there's hope WB will get their act together and start adding content to Watch TCM again when they get their "massive technical error" fixed.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Looks like it's fixed.   Over 100 new film listings arrived today!

0 Kudos
Pompey
Roku Guru

Something is still wrong.  There is no option to add on-demand movies to my watch list.

Also, you can't watch them.  They just seem to be thumbnails.

"One great use of words is to hide our thoughts." Voltaire
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Yep, new entries don't seem to load.  Pre-existing entries from before this problem started seem to work okay

0 Kudos