Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mm2
Channel Surfer

Re: Washed out colors when streaming some content from the Peacock NFL game

It’s Dec 23, 2023 and I’m having the washed out color problem watching the Bills-Chargers game on Peacock.  I’m guessing this is what 1960’s NFL games looked like back in the day.  If it weren’t the Bills or Chargers, I wouldn’t mind.  But, no, in the middle of a live game, I’m not going to try Roku’s suggestion.  Wait, this is 2023 and not 1963, right?

Re: Washed out colors when streaming some content from the Peacock TV channel

Turning off HDR helped but still doesn't seem to be as vibrant as other channels. Me specifically have only noticed on live stream Saturday NFL. 

0 Kudos
MrY69

Watching the game, too. The problem is with Roku TV OS and Peacock, not Roku.  Disable HDR and it’ll be watchable. Or watch Peacock on any other streaming device, or even another Roku device connected to your TCL TV.  That works for me. 

0 Kudos
Bgagne68
Channel Surfer

How do I get rid of hdr

0 Kudos
Bgagne68
Channel Surfer

Me too

0 Kudos
Bgagne68
Channel Surfer

How do I disable HDR?

0 Kudos
HappyGurl

Re: Washed out colors when streaming SOME content from the Peacock TV channel

This doesn't work for me. What now? I can't watch movies and sports that are not visually appealing. 

0 Kudos
ggj61

Watching the Bills Chargers game and getting this washed out color.  The problem persists.  

0 Kudos
chuckstuck

My Roku television has the same issue with Peacock. Colors are dull or washed out. I have a JVC Roku TV. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
MrY69

As posted previously, to disable HDR:

Go to Home Screen on your Roku TV;

Press Home button 5 times, then Rewind button, then Down, Then Fast Forward, then Down again, and then Rewind button again. 

This should put you in a hidden developer screen. Select ‘Change HDR Mode’, then Disable HDR.  

Press Home button to exit and return to Peacock.  The picture should look normal again.