Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrenzo101
Channel Surfer

Re: Washed out colors when streaming some content from the Peacock TV channel

The photos are for the mod who wanted examples. Hopefully they can get to work on it. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for providing the additional information regarding this concern.

This seems like an isolated case of the channel issue that the channel provider's support can address. Have you tried reaching out to Peacock directly and inquiring further about this for a workaround? Since this only occurs with the Peacock channel's content, it might be best to reach out to them as most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Thediscfan

I have reached out to them via Twitter. They essentially suggested that I change my HDR from “Dark HDR” to “Standard HDR” without any suggestion of how or where to do this. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Thediscfan,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. This is not what we aim for. For your concern, refer to our support article: How to set up your Roku® streaming player for HDR.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.
All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nukular_iv
Reel Rookie

I just walked my 85 year old mother through this process over the phone on a TCL/Roku TV from 2019/2020.  

Hit the asterix button and then use video settings and proceed from there.

It didn't make a difference however as her words were "It still looks like **bleep**"

There definitely seems to be an issue with the Peacock/Roku app.  Peacock app looks great on my non-Roku LG C2 OLED.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @nukular_iv,

We hope you're doing well, and welcome to the Roku Community!

The support link I posted above shows the troubleshooting steps that may help. Try giving it a shot!

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nukular_iv
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately that link you posted is not really for roku-native televisions, like those from TCL.

I've tried to play with brightness and other picture settings like setting "HDR-Bright", etc.  It makes little difference.  The best way to see colors that don't look like warm donkey dung is to TURN OFF HDR as posts earlier in this feed mention...which is obviously a universal setting so that is a no-go.

I know this tv displays perfectly fine HDR, so it is Peacock.  You really need to get them to fix it, or not allow such shabby apps to make it to your ecosystem.

My current tv, non-Roku, has no problem displaying peacock in very good quality through its app, so its Roku's app, not peacock in general.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for this update, @nukular_iv.

We are not certain if you have already performed a channel reboot, have you tried doing it? If not, we would recommend performing the correct sequence: remove the channel, restart the device, and add the channel. Looking for a channel update might help as well. Do this by clicking the star button on your remote while the channel is being highlighted.

Please keep us informed.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rgtiowa

We are watching the Iowa Hawkeyes game and have the same problem.  However, when they show a replay, the color is fine - very rich color as normal.  Not sure if this provides any useful information.

Rgtiowa

Update - we just saw a view from a different camera and the picture was fine.  The washed out color seems to be from only some cameras.

0 Kudos