Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tqol
Reel Rookie

Re: Washed out colors when streaming SOME content from the Peacock TV channel

FWIW, I had this problem in November. I reported it here. I followed these posted instructions to create an issue report tracker.

when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID

There has been no followup from Roku support, but tonight I did not have the problem with the NFL games on Peacock. I double checked that HDR was on. I created another issue report tracker, and noticed the GC version had changed.

ScreenShot.png

Previous GC version was 10.2.51. Software and build are the same.

The issue appears fixed for me, but I don't know why.

0 Kudos
Gregsfalco

Re: Washed out colors when streaming some content from the Peacock TV channel

This worked for me. Thank you! 

Roku, if you can fix this so we don't have to turn off HDR every time, that would be great! 

0 Kudos

I'd like to report an issue pertaining to the the lack of an actual resolution to this problem. It's rather embarrassing to see the same, lame responses to reports of this exact problem for months on end.  

If it's getting reported to the development team - as some responses imply - then perhaps thoughts should be given to replacing said development team - as they clearly aren't developing any competency.

0 Kudos
FrostyDan

I think it’s important to note that this might not be Roku’s fault. I have this issue as well and disabling the HDR did work one time but that was it. I did remove and restart and that did nothing. 

Peacock needs to resolve this issue. They don’t appear interested in that but would rather force people to use Peacock for that recent playoff game.  

Alternate solution: Cast the game from your phone to your Roku. The color looks totally normal when you do this. Go figure. 

con1313
Reel Rookie

I am also experiencing this issue. I usually am watching TV shows on the app on my tv and don’t have an issue. However, I have watched 2 animation movies within the last 2 weeks and noticed this muted color issue. I thought it was just a problem with the first movie, but as I am watching this second movie I realized it may be a Peacock problem. I tried adjusting my picture settings but it doesn’t help much. I also did the reset and it didn’t do anything. It’s just odd that it is movies and not the shows. I watch about 6 different shows on it regularly and never have this problem.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @con1313!

We appreciate you reporting the same concern you've observed with certain movies on the Peacock channel. No worries! We're here to look closely into this matter and find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed, kindly provide us with the following details below so we can assess your concern further:

1. Does this happen on the standalone Peacock TV app or under The Roku Channel?
  2. Do you have an active subscription to the app? If so, is it directly from the app or under Roku?
  3. Could you please send us a photo of it for reference? 

We'll be looking forward to your response so we can provide you with an accurate resolution.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
con1313
Reel Rookie

Hi There!

So, I have a TCL 50in Roku included in the tv. I am watching Peacock on the downloaded app on the TV. I have a paid subscription for their app. This color adjustment isn’t happening on any other app I’m using on my tv for shows or movies. How would you like me to send the photos because I’m noticing I can post them in my reply?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @con1313,

Thanks for the response!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

If the issue persists, please refer to the Support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CRAndrews

It’s literally all sporting events. It happens on Peacock, Fox Sports, Max, etc. this is definitely a Roku issue not an app issue. On my newer higher series TCL Roku TV, it’s not an issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @CRAndrews!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to further investigate the washed-out resolution you are currently seeing on some of the channels and find you the best resolution for this. 

Kindly let us know the following:

• Which specific Roku streaming device you are having this issue with?
  • When did this issue initially start? Did this happen even before you started streaming?
  • Does this happen on all the content available on the channels you've mentioned? Live or on-demand shows?
  • Please provide us with a photo of the indication and the other non-affected channels for comparison. 

We anticipate your response and are eager to help you resolve this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos