Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Desnicole

Washed out colors when streaming some content from the Peacock TV channel

Okay I have this problem but ONLY with peacock on my roku tv I do not get it . I will be washed out almost like everything’s turning white . 

99 REPLIES 99
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Washed out colors when streaming SOME content from the Paramount Plus channel

Hi @Desnicole,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue streaming the Peacock TV and we would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

If the issue persists, please refer to the Support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Selzz
Reel Rookie

Re: Washed out colors when streaming SOME content from the Paramount Plus channel

Hi,

I, too, am having the same experience with my peacock (and only peacock) channel. 
I followed the steps provided by Mary and yet, still experiencing the same thing. What else can I do?

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Selzz,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!
You seem to have done some fantastic troubleshooting. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Support team to investigate further.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Muzikality
Channel Surfer

Re: Washed out colors when streaming SOME content from the Peacock TV channel

Same issue here. I’ll try the troubleshooting method they’ve mentioned

Muzikality
Channel Surfer

Didn’t fix mine either

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Muzikality,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
You appear to have performed some excellent troubleshooting. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Support team to investigate further.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
John69

Was able to resolve this by disabling hdr in developer settings 

0 Kudos
JBaller
Reel Rookie

Re: Washed out colors when streaming some content from the Peacock TV channel

I ended up fixing this by disabling HDR, which isn't easy to do. From your home screen, on your Roku remote: Press Home button (X5), rewind, down, fast forward, down, rewind. Select Change HDR Mode > Disable HDR.

Then when you open Peacock again it won't use HDR and the colors should look normal. Note that this seems to disable HDR for everything, not just Peacock where it's a problem. So might want to set it back later.

Hayuesen
Reel Rookie

Re: Washed out colors when streaming some content from the Peacock TV channel

Same here.   Watching the football game last night, you would swear they were playing in dense fog or haze.  Only an issue on some items in Peacock.  Same thing when I tried to watch a movie the other night on Peacock.  In the middle of the movie, it became washed out to the point it was not enjoyable watching.  I just cancelled my Peacock subscription.  Can't be bothered.