Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muzikality
Channel Surfer

Washed out colors when streaming YouTube TV or Live Sports

Discolored, washed out, when using YouTube TV 4k option for shows or live sports.  Had same issue with 4k/HDR on Peacock, and no resolve to this day

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
amandaweires
Reel Rookie

Re: Update making colors appear too red, too rich

This just started happening to my Roku TV today. 1/28/24. Wasn't update pushed out that caused this to happen? I didn't change any of my settings.

On my TV it happens with any video playback YouTube drop out Max, all of the regular screens look fine but all of the videos are red, black and blue and pixley. It even happens when the video preview on YouTube starts to play. The rest of it stays the right colors, but the one that's giving you the little preview when the video starts moving the color and quality changes. 

Please advise.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Youtube TV Premium 4K Subscription not streaming 4K through Roku Ultra 4K Device

Thank you for sharing your concern here in the Roku Community, @Muzikality!

No worries! We'd be more than happy to look closely into this issue regarding the display mode you are referring to and find you the best resolution possible.

In this case, kindly send us a photo for reference so we can assess your concern better. Also, do you happen to observe when this issue started happening and on what specific Roku player?

In the meantime, we suggest highlighting the channel tile for YouTube and pressing the star* button on your remote to update the app. 

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you stream the app to your satisfaction.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Update making colors appear too red, too rich

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @amandaweires!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that we will look closely into this matter and find you the best resolution for the display issues you've observed.

Before we proceed, may we know which specific Roku player you are having this issue with? Also, is this an isolated case within the YouTube app only? If possible, kindly provide us with a photo of it for reference so we can assess your concern better. 

In the meantime, kindly highlight the channel tile and press the star* button on your remote to update it. 

We'll be looking forward to your response so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos