Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UNOwenNYC
Reel Rookie

Re: Was Movieland.tv deleted?

Jump to solution

Sorry, 'streaming... 'expert' 🙄, but the channel's gone, and (unfortunately), it's not coming back. 

0 Kudos
Reno67
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Most of these movies are older than the Hills even though they're good how much money does somebody need to make off of them it's sad it's our society we're living now it is a buck has to be made off everything the United States of rip off

Reno67
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Agree they are old movies they want us to pay for everything that's why people can't get ahead anymore everything's got to be for profit don't worry pretty soon the short charging you for the packaging and fast food restaurants extra money and try to say it's environmentally friendly

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Just because a movie is old doesn't always mean it's in the public domain. If someone still owns a copyright to the title, it can't be offered for free on a service like this. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Reno67
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Movies that are that old should be in the public domain they have made enough money everybody just wants to reach further into our wallets that's why everybody's getting sick of this corpratocracy the Republican way is to screw it to death

atc98092

Jump to solution

@Reno67 wrote:

Movies that are that old should be in the public domain they have made enough money everybody just wants to reach further into our wallets

Sorry, I can't agree. Content providers deserve to be paid for the content they create. US copyright laws protect them for a specific length of time, and it can be renewed under certain conditions. I think you can put your tin hat away, as there's no conspiracy involved here. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Reno67
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't know how I'm getting emails from you you're not officially a representative from Roku if you email me one more time you will be blocked I will notify  Roku and I will see you in a court of law cease and desist now

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Reno67 wrote:

Movies that are that old should be in the public domain they have made enough money everybody just wants to reach further into our wallets that's why everybody's getting sick of this corpratocracy the Republican way is to screw it to death

As noted earlier, most movies have a 95 year copyright. This is the current law. It used to be shorter, but was extended years ago, mostly due to the urging of Disney. A plan to further extend it never gained ground as there was too much opposition.

0 Kudos
Reno67
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am not surprised as Disney has made everything more expensive including watching ESPN and sports channels that's why I'm like a lot of people I am fed up and just ready to unplug the TV I live in an area where I can fish and do other things go to the library TV is becoming an unnecessity enough of the corporate grade

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Reno67 wrote:

I don't know how I'm getting emails from you you're not officially a representative from Roku if you email me one more time you will be blocked I will notify  Roku and I will see you in a court of law cease and desist now

You're not getting emails from me, you're getting them from the Roku Community software. Feel free to block me if you want. But Roku considers me a highly knowledgeable user and appreciates the advice I provide. 

Dan

0 Kudos