Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bu-gs
Reel Rookie

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO BLOCK TV CHANNELS

How do you block tv channels, would like only music to play, 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO BLOCK TV CHANNELS

Block channels? Such as Netflix? Hulu? Roku Channel? Can you elaborate please. You can prevent channels from being installed by adding a PIN to your Roku account 

0 Kudos
bu-gs
Reel Rookie

Thank you Ello2022 for the reply. I would like to block all tv channels.  The guys need to pay very close attention to what they are doing so no-one gets maimed.  With just music they do pay attention.  But when someone turns on tv they tend to watch that and not pay attention. So with only the music channel playing I believe they tend to pay closer attention to what they are supposed to be doing

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@bu-gs  I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. There are no TV channels on a Roku. Can you please explain in full detail what you’re trying to accomplish and how you want to accomplish it. Exactly what are these TV channels? And how are you watching them? 

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Are you trying to use TV as a radio? 

Wow.

Buy a radio or a internet streaming radio instead, or stick some opaque plastic on the screen if you just want audio from TV with no video.

Also, don't install TV in moving vehicle where driver can see it, if that's your problem. Dangerous and likely unlawful.

Not a Roku employee
bu-gs
Reel Rookie

thanks MilesT, gee you are so smart, I bet you out smart yourself all the time.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@bu-gs  It would be helpful if you could actually explain in full details exactly what you are trying to block. Roku uses channels. Some call them apps but Roku calls them channels. Such as Netflix and Hulu are channels. What channels are you trying to block. We can’t decipher things for you 

0 Kudos