Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qntgeek
Channel Surfer

Vudu won’t play purchased content

my streaming stick 4k works fine for everything except vudu purchased content. Ads and trailers work, but I get an error every time I try purchased content. “An unknown error has occurred” 

I’ve tried the uninstall, restart and reinstall recommendation. I even did a factory reset. Still no luck.

any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Vudu won’t play purchased content

A warm greeting and welcome, @Qntgeek

We're thrilled to have you join us in the Roku Community.

We understand that you are having trouble accessing recent content or movies that you purchased on your Vudu app. We will investigate and isolate the issue to determine what is causing the problem. Can you please let us know if the unknown error happened with specific content or with all content?

Please be advised that the Movies & TV Store on your Roku® home screen has moved to the Vudu channel. To access your previously purchased titles and to continue purchasing new movies and TV shows, be sure to download the Vudu channel. Visit the Vudu website to learn how to get started with your Roku streaming device and how to find movies and TV shows.

For additional information on how to use the Movie Store.

We're waiting for your response for further assistance

Thanks,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Qntgeek
Channel Surfer

It is with all purchased content in vudu. I was already a vudu customer prior to buying this roku, so I’m using my pre-existing account

I can still stream vudu on all other platforms, just not the roku

0 Kudos
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Qntgeek 

Thank you for the quick response,

Have you tried contacting the channel provider to see if they can provide any insight? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the providers themselves.

You can reach out by clicking the support page on this link Contact Us - Vudu Support

Sincerely
Elmer,

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Qntgeek
Channel Surfer

I opened a case with Vudu on April 10th, and aside from the auto generated case number response, I’ve heard nothing.

this issue is isolated to the roku, if I can’t get it fixed I’ll just return it

0 Kudos
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing additional information, @Qntgeek!

We understand that you have taken some steps to resolve the issue, but it's still persisting and we are sorry that the steps you took did not resolve the problem. Based on our analysis, it appears that there is a problem with the channel functionality on your Vudu. To address this issue, we suggest that you reach out to Vudu directly for further assistance and monitoring.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: Contact Us - Vudu Support

Thanks,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Qntgeek
Channel Surfer

When all else fails, blame someone else.

Vudu works everywhere else in my home, just not the Roku. Passing the buck to them is not taking ownership of the problem demonstrated on your product. You are passing off customer satisfaction to another company. That’s not a great strategy.

is there an escalation option for my issue within Roku?

Emissary35
Roku Guru

This is the exact same issue me and others are having, being unable to load the Pandora app on the Roku Express 4K model player. Every I click the app I get an error message and it won't work. Roku tells us to do the same troubleshooting steps that they are saying here for Vudu. The steps don't work, then the Roku moderator tried to blame it on Pandora despite the fact that Pandora works perfectly on every other Roku model I own other than the Express 4K.

Now Roku is doing the same thing here, trying to blame it on Vudu when the original poster says Vudu works fine on all his/her other devices. Roku has no solutions to any problems like this, the moderators have no ability to help other than copying and pasting the same steps that don't work.

When that fails Roku then tries to blame it on the channel provider. If you contact the channel provider they will turn around and blame it on Roku. Each company points the finger at the other and nobody takes responsibility and the customer receives no fix for their problem.

That is exactly what is going on here! It's pathetic! Roku customers deserve real solutions from Roku when things like this don't work.

RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Qntgeek 

We'll be taking a closer look into this and we'll need your help.

Please share with us the details below

• Roku TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Channel version

Once the requested information is available, we'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team for investigation and work on the issue.
We'll wait for your response.

Best wishes,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Qntgeek
Channel Surfer

Model - 3820R2 - Streaming Stick 4K

Serial - X02500N8VKSD

Software Version - 12.5.5 build 4174-E6

Device ID - S0J73418VKSD

Error - Unable to continue playback, an unexpected error has occurred.

GC Version 11.3.24

Issue ID SD-155-540

0 Kudos