Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JerZGrlJenn
Level 7

Vudu and Amazon prime video crashes

I’ve tried deleting and redownloading the app..still not working. 

checked software is up to date says it is.. software version: 10.0.0 build 4214

my Internet connection works fine because I can open Hulu and other apps and I don’t get disconnected. But I cannot use Vudu or Amazon prime video. After 2 months and no fix I’m getting really agitated! please send help!!! 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Vudu and Amazon prime video crashes

@JerZGrlJenn-

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this?

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
jswim77
Level 7

Re: Vudu and Amazon prime video crashes

I just emailed Amazon customer service a while ago. If you check out articles on the Internet it's true that Prime video is no longer going to be on the Roku app because it has p*** on it. I just checked an update on mine then still has Amazon Prime on it. But if this is true and goes out of my Roku I'm going to cancel my Amazon Prime account. This is what they're going to realize is probably going to happen too many customers that have Roku. I hope they realize if they want more customers they're going to have to get rid of all the p***.

0 Kudos