Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scamper
Reel Rookie

Volume level on Roku streaming service

I don’t watch Roku streaming shows because when my volume is at number 20 for everything else on tv , with Roku streaming I have to increase volume to 30-35 to hear properly so when a commercial comes on my speakers are strained by sudden very loud increase in volume distubng neighbours especially if hands full in kitchen and have to drop everything to run to turn down , so it’s very annoying to have to do that , so I don’t use it at all. I did the auto volume settings everything and I’m an electronics tech/ computer tech so it’s easy for me to understand that it’s on your end that the problem is . 

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume level on Roku streaming service

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Scamper!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused your streaming and we'd be happy to find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed, may we know if this happens inside The Roku Channel? If so, we will coordinate with the appropriate Roku team to investigate your device further. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version (highlight the channel tile and press the star (*) button on your remote)

However, suppose this happens on a specific channel. In that case, we highly suggest reaching out to the channel provider themselves, as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform. 

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nman86

I agree. When the commercials come on the volume is obnoxious loud and gives me a headache. It’s also annoying to have to constantly lower and raise the volume between shows and commercials. I’m not sure why Roku cannot simple calibrate things so the shows and commercials are the same volume?! From other comments in here, I’ve read that this issues has been going on for years. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Nman86,

Welcome, and thanks for sharing these details with us!

We understand that you're having issues streaming the Roku Channel. We're happy to help. Would you mind providing us with the details requested below?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Channel build version.

Our team is currently aware of the issue, and with the above details, they'll be able to investigate your device further.

We're anticipating your response.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos