Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mafooli
Binge Watcher

Re: BBC iPlayer not loading 2022

it’s a brilliant TV… on the TCL side of it. features, sound etc. Roku is letting it down for sure. 

if I manage to find a workaround or a fix I’ll reply on here so you can get it done too! 

0 Kudos
DPW1982
Channel Surfer

Great, many thanks!

I will do the same, and will keep searching for a solution

0 Kudos
mafooli
Binge Watcher

appreciate it! 

0 Kudos
IanUK
Reel Rookie

Re: IPlayer and other UK catch-ups not working through roku. WORKS FINE THROUGH BT BOX

yeh thx,

well i'm definately firmly rooted in the UK, on a BT network and IP address registered for the UK. Anyway like everyone else all these apps work fine on other devices on the same IP in the same house.

If there was a positive response I would have waited probably, but this could drag on indefinately so I bailed on the TV.

All the best and hope it eventually gets sorted out somehow

0 Kudos

Hi all, I have this same issue.  I bought a TCL - 43RP620K Roku 43" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV in March 2021 and that has always worked fine for all apps inc BBC Iplayer, ITV Hub.

I then this year, Feb 2022, bought exactly the same TV for another room.  BBC Iplayer, BBC Sounds, ITV Hub not working.  All other apps fine like Netflix, Prime, Youtube.  I've tried all the resets, updates, wifi re-enter details etc.

Currys couldn't work it out.  Or TCL.  Finally I went to the Live Chat section on the Roku website.  On the chat there was a more thorough check, asking me to give Iplayer version details and I did a thing on the home screen where I pressed "Home" 5 times and the "Back" button 5 times and an issue ID came up.

The advisor went through more and then finally said an engineer will report back to me by email.

I'll keep you posted if anything develops.

mafooli
Binge Watcher

Hi!

So, after spending the morning in curry’s, to no avail (the worker said they hadn’t even heard of TCL….) i thought i’d try my 500th factory reset. This time, it auto downloaded the catch-ups instead of every other time where i had to, and it worked!!! i’m wondering if there’s a specific app version it has to download when setting up the TV that is specifically for TCL, different to the one you’d download from the roku store. it’s the only difference in over 20 factory resets. give it a try and hopefully it’ll work for you bc roku, tcl and curry’s have been as much help as a chocolate teapot. 

0 Kudos
DPW1982
Channel Surfer

Great, glad you got it sorted!

I will try myself later this evening.

Was there anything you specifically did different to previous occasions when setting up the TV?

0 Kudos
mafooli
Binge Watcher

on the roku activation page where you choose apps, i chose nothing and it automatically downloaded the catch-ups afterwards when I’d finished activating roku. every other time i’ve chosen the apps on the roku activation page. i’m convinced TCL has separate catch-up apps it downloads itself if you don’t choose them directly from the roku interface before it would download them during set up, but after roku activation. 

0 Kudos
DPW1982
Channel Surfer

Thanks, i will try the same later on and report back!

0 Kudos
mafooli
Binge Watcher

hope it works - every company involved in the tv wanted nothing to do with helping fix it when i had issues so hoping this might fix for other people!

0 Kudos