Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ava24
Reel Rookie

Re: Video Problems with Royalbox BBC Iplayer

Hello Everyone:

Below is a response I got from BBCiPlayer on March 4. I asked them to please have their legal department investigate the issue of Americans being ripped off by a BBC fake. One of the issues here is the absolute refusal of ROKU to do anything about it. It is obvious we are being taken advantage of but ROKU is your typical tech company - all talk, all good intentions in order to get your money and provide no real service. Look what is happening to Netflix, maybe ROKU will be next. Customers are returning the favor and going where they can watch content and then get the **bleep** out of a subscription.  Competition if fierce. If ROKU has 60.1 million subscribers, think about how many are getting duped by Royalbox and how much money Royalbox is making - the fact that ROKU won't do anything speaks for itself and ROKU'S values.

BBC Enquiries - Case number CAS-7117095-C1P5Y4

• BBC Questions <bbc_questions_website@contact.bbc.co.uk>
    To:Ilene Oba

Fri, Mar 4 at 7:43 AM

Hi Ilene,

Thanks for getting in touch to inform us about RoyalBox.

We have passed the details you provided to the appropriate BBC department, but regret we cannot keep you updated as to the progress of any follow up to your email.

Thank you again for getting in touch.

All the best,

Neil Salt

BBC Enquiries Team 

P.S. It’s not possible to reply to this email, but if you need to get in touch with us again about this enquiry (or we’ve asked you to), please use this unique webform link to do so (you’ll 
mafooli
Binge Watcher

Re: BBC iPlayer not loading 2022

still not working, still no word from roku - an absolute joke. even emailed support and they gave a pasted answer. at this point, i’m about ready to return the tv. All the UK catch-up apps are plastered on the box, showing it’s certified, yet none work. all are developed by different companies so the fault clearly lies with the roku platform, especially as none of the apps have had an update since 2021 and just suddenly stopped working. 

0 Kudos
LindseyJ43
Reel Rookie

We have three identical Roku TVs - the two bought in 2021 have all the catch-up channels working fine but when we bought a third one in March 2022 it had none of the catch-up channels so we swapped it out and the new one has the same problem.

mafooli
Binge Watcher

i’m sorry you’re experiencing it too! have you found any workarounds? i’m only in the country for three weeks and my mum is pretty mad the tv doesn’t have basic catchup lol. roku aren’t helping at all

0 Kudos
LindseyJ43
Reel Rookie

If you turn on the Screen Mirroring on the Roku (Settings --> System --> Screen mirroring --> Enable Screen mirroring) and set it to 'Accept All Devices'  you can cast (project) the image from the screen of your phone or laptop to the TV by using the App for whichever catch-up channel you want (eg BBC iPlayer app),

There are lots of instructions on the internet explaining how to cast from various devices and what to try if it doesn't work properly.

Hope this helps and you can get it to work.

0 Kudos
IanUK
Reel Rookie

Re: IPlayer and other UK catch-ups not working through roku. WORKS FINE THROUGH BT BOX

I bought a 55 inch Roku TV from Currys.

Firstly i'll start by saying that this is a sad thing, as it's a great TV, but there's just no point in using it in the UK at present.  There's currently no point in buying a Roku TV in the UK, all mainstream UK streaming apps don't work on the set.

This is a UK wide issue. I can also confirm that iPlayer, ITV Hub, 4, My5 do not work on my set, which is to say basically all UK based apps, strange eh.

Like you and many others I have tried to get help, and it's like no-one is listening . So having purchased the TV from Curry's it's already booked to be picked up for return. There's really no point in flogging a dead horse.

I'll just move on to a competitor

DPW1982
Channel Surfer

Hi, another person here, bought a 55" TCL Roku TV a few weeks ago now and none of the following Apps Workl

Iplayer

Itv Hub

All 4

5OD

There seems to be a lot of people with the issue, but very little seems to be being done about ut,

Any updates much appreciated!

mafooli
Binge Watcher

good luck mate, i’ve been trying since last week. So far, i’ve had a generic response from roku email support telling me I’m in the wrong country, a reply on here telling me it’s the bbc’s fault all the apps aren’t working and absolutely NO roku employee reply. at this point I think they’ve been told to ignore it. 

sorry you’re experiencing it too, guys! i’m at a loss at this point. I’ve tried factory reset, network reset, deleting the app, rebooting, redos loading. nothing. works. 

mafooli
Binge Watcher

Re: IPlayer and other UK catch-ups not working through roku. WORKS FINE THROUGH BT BOX

good luck mate, i’ve been trying since last week. So far, i’ve had a generic response from roku email support telling me I’m in the wrong country, a reply on here telling me it’s the bbc’s fault all the apps aren’t working and absolutely NO roku employee reply. at this point I think they’ve been told to ignore it. 

sorry you’re experiencing it too, guy! i’m at a loss at this point. I’ve tried factory reset, network reset, deleting the app, rebooting, redos loading. nothing. works. 

roku just doesn’t give a F

0 Kudos
DPW1982
Channel Surfer

Thanks a lot, it is hugely frustrating,

Very much considering returning the TV now while i have the chance, which is a real shame because apart from that issue am very happy with it.

It does seem odd that the Apps affected are the main Freeview Play integrated apps, and i wonder if this is something to do with the issue,

Anyway, without any hint of support, its very hard to know,

0 Kudos