Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: IPlayer and other UK catch-ups not working through roku. WORKS FINE THROUGH BT BOX

0 Kudos
Ka24
Binge Watcher

Re: All4 channel no longer working

While I appreciate your reply, surely it would be very unlikely that the same problem would occur across three different TV channels.

Exactly the same problem occurs with All4, My5, and ITV hub, therefore the problem is with Roku, it does not happen with Freesat!

0 Kudos
mafooli
Binge Watcher

Re: BBC iPlayer not loading 2022

This fix does not work for me and plenty of other people using Roku (as evidenced by a google search). I have reset network, tv to factory settings, deleted the app, updated firmware - nothing works.

Neither does 4, itv hub, or any similar live UK based TV catch-up/streaming app. My roku is over 9.3, it's a brand new tv. 

Every other app, prime, netflix, apple tv+ work fine - it is limited to those apps above on Roku.

Is anything being done to investigate this?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@mafooli  Nothing to investigate. BBC is having major server issues and has been. Look at Downdetector 

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/iplayer/

0 Kudos
mafooli
Binge Watcher

Didn't realise BBC made channel 4, itv and 5 apps, too /s

that doesn't explain the other apps for other UK tv channel apps.

edit: from your own link...

"User reports indicate no current problems at iPlayer"

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@mafooli  Try looking at the graph please 

0 Kudos
mafooli
Binge Watcher

look at the notes - 8% app. 65% streaming video. downdetector also doesn't specify on which device, or platform, so is a rather unfair comparison.  also, it's only 10 reports. there's at least 7 posts on roku from the last 3 or 4 days with multiple comments with people asking roku to respond, in which they say the same advice to everyone and it doesn't work.

Lastly, you also didn't reply about the other apps, made by other channels, which also stopped working just for roku around the same time. If it were BBC, and not Roku, I would expect at least one other UK app to work. None do, and all stopped working around the same time, whereas all other streaming apps work fine. All I am asking is for Roku to investigate whether it is their platform rather than the apps, because 5 apps made by different companies, using different architecture, all stopped working at the same time. Instead of actually giving decent advice or saying they'll investigate, from the 6 threads made in the last couple days, their basic advice is 'turn it off and on again'. It's unacceptable really.

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Royalbox and royalbox ITV

Indeed I agree with that.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: IPlayer and other UK catch-ups not working through roku. WORKS FINE THROUGH BT BOX

Just for comparison: official BBC iPlayer working just fine on my Roku streambar, just now. Haven't checked anything else.  10.5.

So maybe central problems were resolved, or it is only happening on TV's that have Roku software.

Hope it resolves OK for you soon.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
mafooli
Binge Watcher

thanks, miles. googling the issue seems like it is happening for quite a few people whose TV uses roku software - not seen mentioned anyone with issues is using aa roku stick or anything so seems limited to Roku Smart TVs. Really not sure how to fix it, as it’s one of the main uses for the tv (apps like i player and itv hub, etc)

Just wish either BBC or Roku would at least admit some users are having issues and they’re looking in to it 😞