Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tksned

VidAngel lost support from Roku

This app is a society saver. I understand people are fine with whatever is in a movie and I’m not judging, however, everyone’s morals are different and this simple app helps my family watch a lot of movies like my 10yr old daughter watching Forrest Gump, awesome movie but parts easily removed make it great for me and my family. I know certain parts of a movie help create characters but it’s not necessary for some.

With every studio or streaming blockbuster comes the inevitable rise in language, mature content, pushing the edge of the rating-especially PG-13, etc., for the next sequel. It seems studios don’t think their series will attract enough of an audience if these aren’t ratcheted up for shock value. The Marvel Universe - what happened here? Going from family fun to something my young teens don’t enjoy - it’s dark and must include fringe societal issues! Disney’s Free Guy - it is a great film if you drop half the adult language and uncomfortable innuendos while watching with my kids. 

I believe if Roku wanted to they would help do what’s right with #VidAngel but they seem more worried about looking backed by religious zealots (many people have morals and values don’t attend church), lawsuits, siding against Hollywood, seeming weak. It’s hard enough doing the right things by your child, it would be amazing if we had help from someone like Roku. 

I do have to laugh when realizing Amazon and Apple are the two alternatives I’m switching to that allow #VidAngel. Totally worth it for some piece of mind and decency in my home!!

1 REPLY 1
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: VidAngel lost support from Roku

Hi @Tksned,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you have a query about the VidAngel App. Please be advised that we don't have details as to why the channel was removed.
You'll want to contact the channel's support directly to inquire further about that channel's features and functionality. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.
Also, you can view why a channel may be removed here.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos