Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docdaddy
Reel Rookie

Very odd problem: can watch all streaming shows on Hulu EXCEPT Hulu Originals

We've got a Roku Ultra and a lot of streaming services. On Hulu (ad free) we can watch all streaming shows EXCEPT Hulu Original series. I went through and started up 33 different streaming shows, from a variety of networks, etc. and they all start and run fine. EXCEPT for two Hulu Original Series: How I Met Your Father and Only Murder in the Building. Those both give me the Hulu P-DEV320 error. That normally only pops up on everything if you're having a comms problem with Hulu so it is very odd that this is only coming up on the two original series. FWIW, if I go to my TV's native Hulu app, those shows play with no problem.

Hulu, of course, only tells me to check my internet connection and do the things you do when you can't get Hulu to work. I tell them Hulu has no problem connecting on anything other than Hulu original series but they just insist on their normal steps. I have reset the Roku, reset/cleared the Cache, updated the Hulu app, made sure the Roku Ultra is up to date, removed the Hulu app from the Roku and reinstalled it, logged out of Hulu and back in, removed the shows from My List on Hulu and put them back. Help! My wife wants me to replace the Roku with something else because of this. Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Very odd problem: can watch all streaming shows on Hulu EXCEPT Hulu Originals

Hi @docdaddy

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We can see that you have tried some troubleshooting to resolve the issue with Hulu Support. Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

If the issue still occurs, we would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would be best able to assist you moving forward. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,
Nimfa

Happyblue
Reel Rookie

Re: Very odd problem: can watch all streaming shows on Hulu EXCEPT Hulu Originals

I have same problem, and I use a Roku Streaming Stick. It is to the point now where I can no longer watch any Hulu originals, even ones I used to be able to watch thru the Roku. I switch to Hulu thru the smart TV, or phone or laptop no problem, all is fine. I've tried all the reset stuff nothing works. We can't be only 2 people with this problem. I've had this problem for a year already.  Hope someone can find a solution. Oh forgot, all other streamers work great, and I have good internet. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Happyblue,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us about the issue you are experiencing with the Hulu channel. We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

We would like to ask you and confirm if you attempt to remove the Hulu channel from the Roku home screen. Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel back once more and try playing content again. 

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try getting the latest Hulu channel version by checking for a channel update using your * button on the channel tile, or going to Settings for a System Update there. Then, restart your player and see if you notice any difference.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

FWIW - I am not seeing this here. 

Hulu account, ad-free, part of combined Disney bundle, subscribed thru Hulu, not Roku. 

Hulu version 6.69, Version 1

a.jpg

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Ash2628
Reel Rookie

Finally I understand what’s going on! I also have a Roku stick and have been attempting to watch HIMYF for DAYS! I can watch it on my smart tv but not on my tv with the Roku stick. I’ve tried everything! Including removing the channel and restarting. Incredibly frustrating. Hope Roku finds a way to resolve this issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ash2628,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We recommend checking for a channel update by navigating and selecting the Hulu channel and pressing the * button > Check for updates to make sure you have the most recent version of the channel. Once the channel has been updated, see if you are still experiencing an issue with Hulu Originals not streaming shows.

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ash2628
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the tip kash, but considering I uninstalled and reinstalled the channel, wouldn’t that mean I have the latest version?  

Ashley

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ash2628,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We appreciate your for the efforts taken to resolve the issue. When a channel is not properly working, there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate. Content is managed by each channel provider directly. We recommend contacting Hulu directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues occurring within their channel.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dkw53

I’m having the same problem on Apple TV. The weird thing is I can watch everything on Hulu and even all the extra stuff associated with murders in the building with the exception of the actual season three episodes I keep getting some kind of HDMI error. It’s obviously a fluke with Hulu, and not with anything mechanical, or with my system. 

0 Kudos