Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anrose3000

Very disappointed/ need help with Peacock channel

Jump to solution

I have had problems with Peacock two days in a row. The roku even restarts itself after a certain point when I'm watching a shoe. Yes, I have Uninstaller and reinstalled Peacock,  restarted my modem, clicked updated on roku, even restarted it myself after I checked for updates just to make sure. It seemed like it would be ok after I started my show again and it got past the part ot froze on several times before.  Nope did it again after a commercial,  frozen, and the roku restarted. This is annoying since there is no where to get help. I tired vontavybus my "premium roku" isn't one of the ones the help service people have on their list. Instead it keeps sending to forum. No email or help area to send request. Sends in circle. It us the roku issue and you have no recourse for customers to send a request.  Just here in forums!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shanewars

Re: Very disappointed/ need help with Peacock channel

Jump to solution

I went to the roku settings and turned the auto refresh from on to off and it fixed all the flicking for me

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
jontalk
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

While I'm not sure if I have the solution, I thought it advantageous to point out that of the 25 apps on my Roku, Peacock and Max are by far the worst due to poor support and meager performance. I have the Premium version of Peacock since I'm an Xfinity internet subscriber and I rarely if ever watch it as a result. Same holds true for the Xfinity app. Regardless, I'd suggest you contact Xfinity or Comcast since its likely their issue rather than the Roku. Best of success, regardless

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Anrose3000-

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart** your Roku to clear its memory cache BEFORE reinstalling the channel. Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model number you'll find the "System restart" option under either "Settings > System > Power" or under "Settings > System". If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in.

**On a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart. Use the methods above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
killrnails

Jump to solution

Not that this will correct the issue, but for what it's worth, my Peacock started doing the exact same thing you mentioned yours is doing yesterday (12/8) also. And this isn't the first time it's happened. BUT, we also have horrible internet which is what I equivalated it to, to the point of having to keep DirecTV (no cable TV availability where we live) because of the streaming quality or lack thereof. I did the system reboot on Roku, but I didn't uninstall Peacock in hopes the system reboot would fix it, which, of course, it didn't. I'll uninstall Peacock & reinstall it like suggested & hopefully that'll fix it! 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

So it has been doing the same thing to me. It's only Peacock. Netflix, MAX, Hulu and and Disney+.  My money is that it's a Peacock issue since all my other apps are working fine.  Peacock will most likely have to issue a patch or update for it 

0 Kudos
Shanewars

Jump to solution

I went to the roku settings and turned the auto refresh from on to off and it fixed all the flicking for me

0 Kudos