Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dougieboy
Level 7

Verifying tv provider for channel activation

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
HDMIGuy
Level 14

Re: Verifying tv provider for channel activation

Do you have a question?  To activate certain channels you need a paid TV provider.  Example ESPN requires a paid TV provider.  You can't just get Fox Sports, CBS sports, etc... free just because you have a streaming device.

0 Kudos
Dougieboy
Level 7

My problem is that I live in a assisted living facility which supplies Comcast to the residents, I don’t have an account with them or anyone else nor do I have access to their username & password which is what I need (maybe) to complete the activation process. Surely this cant be that rare of an issue, Im hoping you have an alternative method for people in my position.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 17

You could ask at the front desk for someone who knows the account name/password.  Maybe Comcast can help?  (These are both kind of longshots but maybe worth a try.)

Or: Look at some of the other channels that aren’t tied to a cable subscription. 

I assume you can at least access the channels in the conventional (non-streaming) way.

0 Kudos
Dougieboy
Level 7

Thanks for your reply, it is most def worth a try. I’ll tag in later & let you know if I was successful in solving this issue. Thanks again.

0 Kudos