Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sum

Re: VGKTV channel won't play a show or movie

That’s exactly what happens to me and it’s also 13%

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sum @ChristiG,

Thanks for sharing your concern with us.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided above in this thread by @RokuMary-F? If not, we recommend giving those a shot.

If the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps, we recommend contacting VGKTV directly and letting them know about the issue you've encountered with their channel.

We hope the best for you.

Regards,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OH_Streamer
Binge Watcher

If you have a Smart TV but have a Roku player on an HDMI input, Restart your TV once in awhile. 

I have an Insignia TV with a Roku Premier+. When I pressed my Home screen button, the screen went black. I then tried Live TV (coax antenna attached) and all my OTA channels came appeared. When I selected one, the screen also went black. I then switched to the TV's Home screen (Smart TV) and it appeared fine. Went to one of my channels and selected it. Everything appeared fine. When I selected a show to watch, again the screen went black. Nothing would play. Tried switching to a different HDMI input, thinking that the input card went bad but nothing changed. I went to settings on the Insignia TV (not the Roku device) and did a Restart. Everything worked fine after that! 

0 Kudos
Teetee1

Mine too! No fix yet? If not I'm going to remove the channel.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @Teetee1!

Thanks for raising your payback issues with us. We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible.

May we know what troubleshooting procedures you have done to resolve the issue you've been having? Does it have any error messages prompted on your screen? If so, kindly let us know. Furthermore, try to remove the channel by navigating to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, pressing the star* button on your remote, and choosing "Remove channel." After doing so, try restarting your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku channel store and add the channel again. 

Let us know how it goes! We'll be looking forward to your update.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VGKTV_is_broken
Channel Surfer

Moderators, please don't post a reply with suggestions until you've replicated the complaint yourself. If you're not able to load the VGKTV channel yourself, then you know what the problem is. Otherwise your troubleshooting is just cut-and-paste waste of customer time. Thank you.

VGKTV_is_broken
Channel Surfer

Moderators, please don't post a reply with suggestions until you've replicated the complaint yourself. If you're not able to load the VGKTV channel yourself, then you know what the problem is. Otherwise your troubleshooting is just cut-and-paste waste of customer time. Thank you.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for letting us know, @VGKTV_is_broken.

We sincerely apologize for any trouble this may have caused you and highly appreciate you for performing the troubleshooting procedure provided. 

Since this is an isolated case within the VGK IPTV itself, we highly recommend reaching out to their customer Support for further advice. Please be aware that the channel providers themselves create, maintain, and update most apps or channels on the Roku platform, including the VGK IPTV. 

Aside from this, let us know how we can be of assistance with or create a new thread for different concerns. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
scentedsk

I followed the instructions listed. Unfortunately it did not work it stayed at 13% movie doesn't load.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @scentedsk,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us. Is this issue happening to all of the content of the VGKTV channel? Also, if the issue persists despite the troubleshooting steps performed, contacting the channel provider is the best course of action to address this issue directly.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos