Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garnetls

VGKTV channel won't play a show or movie

I'm using the VGKTV channel for the 1st time. It appears that a movie or show downloads, the wheel goes up to 100%. Then the screen goes back to Play Now. And never any further. I have an insignia TV with roku express connected through the HDMI cable using windstream Internet.

0 Kudos
50 REPLIES 50
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: VGKTV channel won't play a show or movie

Hi @Garnetls,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the VGK TV channel.

We recommend starting performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to the power
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try by performing a system update. You can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now. and see if you notice any difference.

For more troubleshooting steps with any channel playback issue, follow our Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sroper

I have the same issue with watching Prey, the meter goes to 13% and stops loading.

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sroper,

Thanks for the post.

Did you already follow the steps given by @RokuMaryF? If not, please follow those steps and see if it works.

Please keep us posted

Thanks 

Anjelie 

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BOBLEG
Channel Surfer

Same here while I'm trying to watch Prey it only loads 13%. This problem has been ongoing for MONTHS.

And yes I've tried doing the posted procedure to fix the problem.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BOBLEG,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with the VGKTV channel. If the issue persists on one channel after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, don't hesitate to contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

All the best,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BOBLEG
Channel Surfer

Hello Eunice,

I would gladly contact VGKTV if someone from ROKU could tell me how to do that. I've received numerous emails from ROKU and no one has bothered to give me the VGKTV contact info. You haven't supplied that info either.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BOBLEG,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

You can contact VGK TV through their Support link here.

If you need further clarification and assistance, let us know!

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UnhappyUser123
Reel Rookie

That's the wrong VGK.  That's the Vegas Golden Knights NHL team.

BOBLEG
Channel Surfer

Thanks UU123. I clicked the link and just laughed when I saw the NHL team. I didn't realize they had a streaming service LOL.

So we have Mods here who don't know what the frick they're talking about or how to help people. Great job ROKU.