Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrozenFox
Binge Watcher

Re: Updated Newsmax App Will Not Open

Highlight the app on your Roku home screen and then push the * button on your Roku remote, you should then see the option to scroll down and to "Remove App".

0 Kudos
FrozenFox
Binge Watcher

This has happened to me several times in the past week, I clicked the retry button and was able to log in on the second or third time.

0 Kudos
Pastor123
Streaming Star

You put your finger down on the app if it’s on your phone you hold it and it’ll say delete you hit yes. On Roku you hit the star button on your remote it’ll tell you move app check for updates that’s where you update your apps or remove app so you hit remove app once you do you go back into the App Store and you bring it back up and you hit the star again and you go down to check for updates so you can update the app and then you’re done 

0 Kudos
Pastor123
Streaming Star

Has nothing to do with rookie programmers if your password and your email are not working either you put something in wrong or you did not pay on the newsmaxplus.com site it is a website not an app do not make a payment on an app for any service you’re buying you go directly to the website always. Now after you’ve paid for it the right way and gotten a receipt on your email you go back into Roku remove the app then bring it back up again hit star on your remote and check for updates that’s what you click and then you should be fine you can also watch it on Roku live app that they have just pull up Newsmax and you’ll get it it’s kind of like going in the back door you can also do the same with Pluto just listed as your favorites so when you go into Pluto app it’ll come right up you have any other questions let me know that should work just fine 

0 Kudos
Lpool
Reel Rookie

I had an email from Newsmaxplus this morning that gave me instructions on how to get Newsmaxplus through my Roku.  It worked and I am now watching Live TV.  It also sent me an email that gives me free trial until Nov 22.  You do have to insert your subscription info but you won't be charged until your 15 day trial is over.  I subscribed through Newsmaxplus.com.  Hope this help others.  

0 Kudos
jbarda52

Re: NEWSMAX+ ISSUE NOW *RESOLVED* (?)

I have followed all of the steps. I am at version 5.0 build 1, checked for updates and all up to date. However, today is Friday and I am getting Saturday programming. I also did all of the ROKU restart stuff.

0 Kudos
fstjohn
Channel Surfer

Re: Newsmax isn’t working AGAIN!!

They're lost me as a customer.  I've cancelled my subscription.  Back to Fox for now.

Mshouse
Reel Rookie

Re: Newsmax isn’t working AGAIN!!

I have yet to even get the app on Roku to work. Keeps says wrong email or password. I subscribed over a week ago. Very frustrated!

Reel Rookie

Re: Newsmax app has me signed out?????

I am having the same problem I paid for a year I cannot watch Newsmax. What are we supposed to do about this? We cannot get a refund and we really need to have Newsmax so my husband can see what’s going on in the Middle East where his granddaughter is deployed I have tried calling Newsmax and leaving several messages. They don’t get back to me either and you can’t call Roku. What are we supposed to do?

leorenee
Binge Watcher

Re: Newsmax app has me signed out?????

Call Roku 816-272-8106 and cancel your yearly subscription with them. Then go to newsmaxplus.com and sign up on their website. Take that email and password to sign in on the Roku app. That is what I had to do. What a pain this has been for a lot of people.

0 Kudos