Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Updated Newsmax App Will Not Open

@dwilke3886 You are correct.  If you purchase a subscription on Roku it usually will only work on Roku devices.  The same is true if purchased from Amazon etc.  

I suggest always purchasing subscriptions directly from the provider, in this case Newsmax.

donnabell8

I believe this is a Roku problem.  I finally managed to get Newsmax plus for one day after subscribing through Roku.  Once I turned the tv off, I have never been able to get back on.  I still have the Newsmax plus channel but once I press "play",  it says I've been signed out.  I press "more info", it asks for me to add subscription for $4.99.  I have already paid for year so why do i need a monthly subscription?  I've canceled my subscription through Roku but they won't refund your money.  You have to keep it until your subscription runs out.  That's a whole year of not getting the channel I have paid for!  Roku has the Newsmax plus channel!  Roku needs to fix the error problems so we can watch the Newsmax channel.

0 Kudos
FrozenFox
Binge Watcher

I did exactly that, signed up on newsmaxplus.com, and then tried to log in on the Newsmwax+ Roku app and they wanted to charge me again as if my subscription did not exist. I refuse to pay for 2 subscriptions to watch Newsmax+ on multiple platforms. I believe there are many people here who are experiencing the same issue. 

lavendrlyn
Reel Rookie

Hi there.  

This is not a NewsMax issue.  It is a Roku issue...and they will not fix or acknowledge it.  I have been trying to no avail to have them fix their own tech problem.  I too was scammed into paying for the subscription, which they demanded without benefit of the advertised free 15 day trial.  The Roku policy copout is that there is an "outage" by NewsMax and it is not their problem.  This is simply not true.  I finally just went online and signed up direct, not through Roku but through NewsMaxPlus.com and opened an account.  You give them your pre-payment details, and immediately without any difficulty, the 15 day free day trial begins with NewsMax +.  Access all the Live coverage on their App (no issues whatsoever) on your phone, tablet or laptop.  Roku will be made to return streaming fees one way or the other for services not rendered.  Lousy customer service and **bleep** N2 programming.  Thanks for nothing Roku.  Still watching NewsMax and won't recommend a single one of your products to anyone else.  

0 Kudos
dwilke3886
Channel Surfer

I so agree with you and I had to learn it the hard way.  Roku didn't just mess me up with Newsmax+ but also with OAN.  I purchased OAN through Roku and was having all kinds of problems getting onto the channel.  Email OAN with my problem and they said when you go with Roku you can only use the one device but if you go with us you can use all of your devices.  So I sign up with OAN through OAN and go back to Roku to discontinue my OAN with them.....and lo and behold they won't refund my money I have to stay with them until the subscription runs out.  So now I have a subscription to OAN through OAN and Roku - what a mess!

0 Kudos
dwilke3886
Channel Surfer

I'm one of them.  The exact same thing happened to me.

0 Kudos
Anniedog
Reel Rookie

Experiencing exact same thing when opening the app. Tonight it took me 3 tries and 25 mins before it opened. Also, it forces me to log in each time. I don’t have to log in to other apps on Roku when opening. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Beatle61
Channel Surfer

Same issue here. Started tonight and missed half of Rob Schmidt tonight. But this is also happening on my iPhone. I went through to it when my TV wouldn’t work. I even uninstalled in Roku and reinstalled. It also bumped me off after finally getting in and made me sign back in. Then told me password was wrong. When I clicked on show password my info was correct. So I hit sign in without changing password info and it signed me in!! Obviously this app is Effed Up somewhat….

Beatle61
Channel Surfer

Thanks for that info. Next time the Newsmax app is being an **bleep** I’ll go to Pluto and see if that works. I paid Newsmax directly for my new account. 

0 Kudos
Anniedog
Reel Rookie

I’m beginning to believe this is a Roku issue. I downloaded app to my Kindle Fire and it opened immediately. Working fine. I was curious if app would allow me to log in on Kindle since I’m already logged in on Roku and it did. I would prefer to be able to watch on my TV though instead of Kindle.