Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeeGeex57
Channel Surfer

Re: Updated Newsmax App Will Not Open

Both Newsmax and Roku are at fault.  First they should have been on the same page with a new app to watch on Roku. Then they should have had a regular app. None of that happened.  Going on 3rd  day here, after paying.  I thought I had it fixed, when I cancelled on Roku, and got a refund.  Then I signed up on Newsmax plus site.  Signed in on roku and I was watching it on Roku after signing in on the newsmax app on roku.

From there it kept booting me off and I had to keep logging in every few hours. Then for what ever reason, over night, I get up today. and started the newsmax app, it goes to white screen, then a black screen, and then nothing.  Left it on for over an hour... nothing just a black screen. 

One thing I did notice, before I got the refund. Roku is accepting payments for NewsMax, they should be help responsible for taking money for a service they cannot supply. When I look in my Roku account it shows I have the subscription, but when I looked at my newsmax account, it shows I have no subscription.  This tells me that Roku is taking money for this service and not updating Newsmax, that these people now have an account and should be able to access the content.

Newsmax should NOT have rolled this out without having everything in place.  You cannot reach Newsmax by phone, chat, email, contact page, twitter, facebook, or anything else. Talk about the lack of customer support!!! Take the money and run.

Roku at least answers my chat and my phone calls. While it seems they can do nothing until Newsmax fixes it on their end, they should not be taking money any longer for a service they do not supply. 

fstjohn
Channel Surfer

Re: Newsmax isn’t working AGAIN!!

Still not working here in North Georgia

0 Kudos
ddun

Same here on my android phone keeps saying app won't open.it starts to open then crashes time after time. Uninstaller several times same thing

0 Kudos
Yw

I got it to open and finally stream on my Roku but now I cannot get it to stay on , on my i phone app. I deleted the app on my i phone and redownloaded it but still it keeps popping up for one second if that and goes away.!

0 Kudos
flya150
Channel Surfer

I finally got it working on My Roku TV. Had to log back in the first time I tried, but seems fine now. Works each time I close it and start it.

Pastor123
Streaming Star

Having the exact identical problem you’re having but now when you try to click on the Newsmax app in Roku it disappears completely I think they did that because Roku collected money for Newsmax as if they were supposed to they were not supposed to do that so now I need to get a refund from paying on Roku app for Newsmax Plus and I had to go directly to Newsmax and Pay there for the Newsmax Plus so I can watch it where ever it streams. Like Pluto a free app you go in and put in Newsmax and as long as you’ve paid for Newsmax Plus it will come up. It is an app so if Roku wants to keep people happy they should create an app for Newsmax Plus and allow us to download that I’d be able to watch it as long as we paid for it using our phone on the Newsmax app 

Pastor123
Streaming Star

That’s exactly what I said this is not a start up company I think they have 14 million new clients and I can tell you I spent the last three years eight hours a day seven days a week trying to push Newsmax so people would know they weren’t watching truth they were watching lies and this is the thing chewy got theirs so popular that now they make it totally inconvenient for their customers to slide over. You don’t mind the $50 for the year however you do mind not having an app that’s easy to put on your TV so you can just watch it. Without jumping through 1 million hoops 

Pastor123
Streaming Star

Besides watching Roku on the live channel and bringing up Newsmax that way and it is a pain in the ass too bad Roku doesn’t get an app for this anyway you could go on Pluto bring up the app and set Newsmax as your favorites so every time you hit Pluto Newsmax will come up hope it helps that’s three days worth of hard work trying to figure all this **bleep** out thank you Newsmax !! and I mean that sarcastically I’ve been working my ass off promoting you

ssearson1
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue with the App on the Roku not opening. It eventually crashes and does not open. I just signed up for the 1 year subscription too. UGh

0 Kudos
ssearson1
Reel Rookie

Newsmax Plus App does not work on Roku; don't waste your time troubleshooting

The recently released Newsmax Plus app on Roku does not work. No ETA on when it will be working again. If it does eventually open it crashes. I need to research other platforms to be able to watch Newsmax if any one has any suggestions

0 Kudos