Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amcguire_784
Reel Rookie

Re: Updated Newsmax App Will Not Open

The app is doing the same to me. As soon as they start making you pay for their service it stops working, riiiggghhhhttt!!! NEVER had a problem with the app b4 all this Newsmax Plus subscription BS. I have checked for updates-all updated. I deleted the app and then reinstalled it-NOTHING!!! Tried to get it on my phone so I could mirror it on my TV but it won't even work on my phone or laptop! Have to sign in every time I open the app, which is a big pain. No other service has me sign in EVERY TIME!!! I was fores to go back to Fox News, (which I never wanted to have to do again) just to see what has been going on in the world. If it's not fixed before the trial period ends then I have to cancel cuz I did the annual payment and I'm not going to deal with this everyday for a year.  Very disappointed for sure.

PawPawRon
Streaming Star

Re: Newsmax isn’t working AGAIN!!

Same here. Checked my Roku for software update, it was up to date. Removed the Newsmax app, searched, found the same one, reinstalled it, got one step further, instead of blue screen going to grey, it actually had the options menu on the left side but nothing but endless circle when trying to load live tv.

Either Newsmax was not ready for prime time or someone (liberal minded techy) at Roku does not like Newsmax and is messing with their programming or possibly a combo of both. I really think Newsmax should extend their free trial from 15 days to 30 days "after" the issues are resolved.

Oakydoughkey
Binge Watcher

Confirming reports the Newsmax plus app has completely crashed.

When a new login attempt is made it rejects authentic credentials.

A complete fiasco of a rollout is what has been done by Newsmax.

A buggy app that does not work is what people got for their paid

subscription. The waste of time troubleshooting is an unaffordable

nuisance to customers who value their time more than Newsmax

values its subscribers.

DLC7
Reel Rookie

either give me the news or give me back my money!!! I have jumped through all the hoops - register my account, log in, log out,  wrong password, change your password... it worked exactly one time. But this morning it's just throwing up an "error" code. This blows!!!

Oakydoughkey
Binge Watcher

When ten percent goes to the big guy the ninety percent left to the rest of us

is like not having the ten percent of a spacecraft that is the life support system.

0 Kudos
fstjohn
Channel Surfer

Here's what I see when opening the Newsmax app:

1) The Newsmax logo appears for up to a minute, then a black screen with "Loading" then the Roku home screen appears.

or

2) The Newsmax logo appears for a couple seconds, then "blinks" and the logo returns.  After a few more seconds "Loading" appears then a blue screen with the choices down the left side.  Then a large Newsmax logo with "Watch Live Now" and a hilighted "Play" button.

3)Selecting the "Play" button gives a black screen with the "waiting" circle for several seconds, then "Source Unavailable - Something went wrong while trying to load the stream. Content unavailable while trying to load the stream.  We're sorry."  with a highlighted "Try Again" button.  Selecting the button results in the same "Content Unavailable" screen..

This is a change from yesterday when the final screen was "You have been signed out (Code {errorCode})" and a "More Info" button.  Selecting the button took you to a Newsmax signon screen asking for user id and password.  Entering same opened the app normally.  Of course needing to enter password every time is unacceptable, especially if you've got a long, random password.

Oakydoughkey
Binge Watcher

Newsmax plus Roku app is Back online again .....for how long who knows?

0 Kudos
Ad294

I couldn't agree more!   They should have done a strategic "soft launch" first to work out these kinks before officially launching.  In the very least,  they could have given a LOT more notice!  That would have allowed for a STAGGERED registrar as opposed to EVERYONE trying to sign up at the very same time.   This was extremely poorly planned. I truly hope they can get it together soon.   RAV is actually a pretty great station also,  though.   At least we still have that.   

Ad294

I couldn't agree more!   They should have done a strategic "soft launch" first to work out these kinks before officially launching.  In the very least,  they could have given a LOT more notice!  That would have allowed for a STAGGERED registrar as opposed to EVERYONE trying to sign up at the very same time.   This was extremely poorly planned. I truly hope they can get it together soon.   RAV is actually a pretty great station also,  though.   At least we still have that. 

0 Kudos
Prizmm
Reel Rookie

Well maybe they fixed issue..i just logged out and logged back in and it loaded right up !! Fingers crossed troopers !!