Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwrasch
Reel Rookie

Re: NEWSMAX+ ISSUE NOW *RESOLVED* (?)

I had deleted and then reinstalled the app.  This did not help.  Somewhere I read that an option was available to automatically have all apps updated.  I did not find this.  Updating the Roku system app might also update all apps... I found that this newmax app needed to be manually updated and I suppose that they fixed this the other day as you say.  So now I have Newsmax Plus.  What a terrible rollout.  

Oakydoughkey
Binge Watcher

My first login and use of NewsMax Plus was timed out and  after

not using the app for awhile and going back to the app it said

I had been logged out and prompted me again for the password. 

I suspect it may be a bug or depend on how the app is closed.

So far the second login seems to be sticky and I have not been

prompted a third time for a password. This was really a **bleep**

roll out for a new app, released late and jumping through hoops.

0 Kudos
alanwk

Re: Updated Newsmax App Will Not Open

Having the same problem here. You would think that these two companies would be better prepared for a major change. At one time it said I was signed out and when I tried to log in it said incorrect info. I doubled checked and info was correct. Are these companies working from their basements and garages? They are not start-ups. Come on guys get it going.

TT65
Reel Rookie

It just loaded for me finally!  I have live TV again.  They really need to get this mess fixed. Newsmax needs to extend our free subscription time to make up to us for all the trouble & days we spent with my TV app.

FrozenFox
Binge Watcher

I am having the same issue, I have spent the past hour trying to figure out if it was just me. My guess is that it is the first weekend of Newsmax+ and their servers are overwhelmed.

Just started working for me.

Marine26

Same thing here! This was a poorly planned platform change! If it isn't resolved soon, I will be canceling my subscription. 

FrozenFox
Binge Watcher

It is working for me just now.

seatides
Reel Rookie

I've got it working now too (but am keeping my fingers crossed because I got it to work a couple of times yesterday and the day before, but it didn't "stick").

One thing that I did this time was, instead of clicking on Roku Channel and then from inside there, clicking on Newsmax (which is what I usually do), I didn't click on Roku Channel and instead, clicked on "Newsmax" on that Roku home screen. When I did that, it did come up with a login screen (asked for my email address and password). I entered my Newsmax Plus login there. That did bring up the Newsmax Plus screen.  I had to hit the "Play" button to start the streaming.

Even when you're presumably watching Newsmax Plus, though, it doesn't say "Newsmax Plus" or "Newsmax +" in the bottom left on the screen of the show you're watching: it still says "Newsmax." But I guess it is still Newsmax, because Newsmax2 is now what you can get for free; and they do show a "2" when you're watching Newsmax2. But then what's the "Plus" for? It's like they have two names for the new subscription service, Newsmax Plus and also, just Newsmax.

dbs18947
Reel Rookie

It took 2 days to get Newmax+ working on Roku. Now the problem is every morning we need to login to Newmax+. What a pain. When are they going to fix it so the logon remains like all other apps in Roku. Very frustrating. 

Oakydoughkey
Binge Watcher

Bug Report is confirmed for the NewsMax plus app that times out a login

and requires the password to again be manually tediously entered to reopen.

Customer service has been notified but so far no response. When a fix is

released it will likely require another update and yet another manually

entered password. Whatever IT person has provided roll out for the

NewsMax plus  should be fired because the roll out is a disaster. 

People worry about premature reliance on artificial intelligence

and excessive automation, not as concern caused by any aversion

to technology that is actual progress or a genuine improvement. 

People recognize absence of quality for technology that is faulty.

And this Bug Report is a perfect example how master minds can

get it wrong what is advertised as an upgrade but is buggy trash

that lets everyone know they are the beta tester who was never

told they volunteered to be a guinea pig in a science experiment.