Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lspears
Level 7

Update 10.5.0 making channels inoperable

Since our Roku tv (TCL 8104X) update (v, 10.5.0, bld: 4201) on 11/18/21, Spotify no longer works. We have removed it, checked for updates, shut everything down, disconnected from internet, reinstalled, checked for updates, etc. all to no avail.  Odd thing is that after uninstalling and reinstalling, the app shows in the same location rather than at the bottom of the app list. Also tried linking to it from our phones but it can't be found. What's the fix?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Update 10.5.0 making channels inoperable

When you removed it and reinstalled it did you actually restart the TV from Settings->System->Power->System restart after your removed it and before you reinstalled it?  Simply turning the TV off and on isn't good enough.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Whitney83
Level 9

All of my channels are lagging massively on my roku ultra. I've deleted channels I don't use, cleared the cache, restarted from system restart, power cycled my box, removed and added channels, system update, etc. It has improved slightly but still have to sit for quite a long time for a video to load and play. 

0 Kudos
Mskj52
Level 7

It worked!  Long process to remove all of my apps and restart and add all back.  But happy it's working.

0 Kudos
Whitney83
Level 9

I just recently bought this roku ultra. This is messed up. My subscriptions that I pay for are not working now. What is going on?? Can someone please give an update??

0 Kudos
mama2shech
Level 7

Did you remove all the apps on your phone or on Roku?  I am so frustrated. 

0 Kudos