Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamIAm100
Channel Surfer

Universal Monster Channel HISSES in silent scenes.

The Universal Monster Channel HISSES loudly in silent scenes. I’ve verified this with different friends living across the USA. It was not doing this last week. What’s going on ROKU? Someone turned up the hiss level on the UM Channel. Kidding aside this is very annoying. 

Anyone else experiencing this? Please let Roku know. 

#UniversalMonstersChannel

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Universal Monster Channel HISSES in silent scenes.

Some posts show it also also on Freevee. For a Roku, you can use the Search option in Freevee for Universal Monsters so you can compare with The Roku Channel version. Non-Roku versions of Freevee have a more direct way to get a Live TV channels.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Are these old movies?  I sometimes turn down the treble on my AVR when watching very old movies.  Also, if you have any volume equalization setting(s) turned on anywhere, that can pump up the hiss in quiet scenes.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
SamIAm100
Channel Surfer

As noted in my original post I’ve consulted with friends around the USA and it wasn’t a problem until the last few days. They all noticed this hiss during the silent moments of the movies. So it has to be from Roku’s end. It only happens during the movies shown on Roku’s Universal Monsters Channel. 

Roku. Please check. It’s quite annoying and wasn’t like this a few days before. Thanks in advance. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
SamIAm100
Channel Surfer

I saw some of Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man yesterday (and it was still hissing in the quiet spots. (1/27/24)

0 Kudos