Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
texrjoe

Unable to open CBS football even though I pay for it!!

When I contact the 800 number they want to sell me Direct TV !!!!!! ?? I am thinking of canceling Roku!!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to open CBS football even though I pay for it!!

CBS Football?  I don't know of any CBS Football app.  There is a CBS app that requires a paid TV provider (cable, etc.) account that give you access to your local CBS station.  There is also a CBS Sports app that also requires a TV provider account.

The only way you can view NFL games that are not available to view in your local area is via the NFL Sunday Ticket package.  NFL has sold the exclusive rights to NFL Sunday Ticket to DirecTV, although this is the last year of the contract. 

There is a NFL Sunday Ticket app on Roku that DirecTV subscribers can use with their  Sunday Ticket subscription.   That's probably what you encountered at that 800 number.

NFL controls the rights to where and how you can view their games.  Complaining to Roku about this make no more sense than griping to your TV manufacturer.

For NFL on CBS, try Paramount+.  You need their "Premium" tier at $9.99/month to view your local CBS channel there normally, but you can NFL games on your local channel with their cheapest "Essential" tier at $4.99/month.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
hochc

Re: Unable to open FS1 even though I pay for it through Direct TV!!

My Roku tells me I do not have FS1 in my Direct TV lineup but I do.  I cannot find a way to contact Roku with this problem.  Can you help?

Thanks,

CMH

0 Kudos